3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Quick-ish +weight loss for unmotivated? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/313118-quick-ish-weight-loss-unmotivated.html)

inclothescalledfat 05-06-2017 09:03 AM

Quick-ish +weight loss for unmotivated?

I mean, obviously everyone wants to drop half their body weight in a day, but is there any short-term heavy weight loss thing that isn't just water weight? Ideally in a week, but I'll settle for a month if it's more effective. I don't mind suffering lol.

I get demotivated very easily, and would like to have something like this when I'm having my monthly (sometimes weekly) mental breakdown over my weight, which ironically makes me go "UGH I'll be ugly and fat forever might as well eat 3 chocolate bars"

Also, if anyone here mentions the words "lifestyle change" consider yourself ignored. I understand, but some of us just want to be less fat. I don't actually care about my health (even though I am actually in good health somehow)

mjf 05-08-2017 12:17 AM

For the average person, 2 lbs per week is the fastest that you can lose in a healthy way, but it depends on how much you weigh (heavier people can lose faster).

If you try to lose weight too fast, you'll probably give up. I think it's better to choose a plan that you can follow consistently. You don't need to suffer or starve yourself to lose weight. Losing weight should have the opposite effect (making you feel better).

The most important thing to do is eating healthy foods... I'm not sure if that's what you wanted to hear, but even if you don't care about your health, eating healthy is the most effective way to lose fat. Just cutting calories won't be enough if you eat a lot of junk food. The most important things to avoid are sweets, refined carbs, and deep fried foods. If it's difficult to give them up completely then try to improve your diet gradually. Also be sure to eat enough vegetables and enough protein.

TheSecondHalf 05-21-2017 10:40 AM

I just did the math (consulted Google) and I see that you're about 15 pounds lighter than my start weight. I've been doing WW since the beginning of March and I've lost 30+ pounds. It hasn't been painful, I haven't suffered. I still drink wine and eat out with friends. I don't think of it as "lifestyle change" because while it is true that my life has changed, the essentials have stayed the same - I eat things I like, I go out with friends, I drink socially. I think "lifestyle change" sounds overwhelming and like I have to give something up. I also like fast results because I feel like at my weight, what is five pounds? Like, literally who cares about five pounds when you need to lose more than 100? But some how this time I just keep focusing on THE NEXT five pounds and that seems to be working for me. It added up fast and now I'm down two sizes, which for me? Is a big deal. I haven't been legit DOWN a size in ages. And people have most definitely noticed and I don't look so awful in pictures anymore.

Also, I've done every single high weight loss in a short period of time diet and those pounds never really seemed to COME from anywhere, if that makes sense? Like, yes, I could quickly drop ten or twelve pounds but they didn't seem to make ANY difference. IDK what that's about, but this time I lost a size in the first 15 pounds and another in the next 15 so I feel like what I was losing before on fast diets must have been water or something and now I'm losing actual fat.

Whatever you decide, good luck. I just got tired of trying to find cute clothes and feeling uncomfortable all the time. I did have health problems and those have abated significantly, but I'm a shallow person and I mostly just didn't want to hate what I was seeing in pictures. My outside was shocking to me and didn't match my inside. Every single picture I was like, who even is that? I feel more like myself now.

PDub 05-21-2017 08:55 PM

TheSecondHalf, your post really resonated with me. My husband took a picture of me yesterday, and when I saw it I couldn't believe it was me. As I said to him tonight when I announced I was going to get serious about my weight (again), I look in the mirror every day, but the photo showed me what others see. A harsh wake-up. I've never tried WW, and we have a group at work. I think it's a good place to start. I've done South Beach, Atkins, and the similar ones with success, but then I tell myself "I've got this" and I'm back up to where I was 8 years ago - and then some. I've got to work on the inside as well as the outside, and I'm glad I stumbled onto this community!

TheSecondHalf 05-22-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDub (Post 5316086)
TheSecondHalf, your post really resonated with me. My husband took a picture of me yesterday, and when I saw it I couldn't believe it was me. As I said to him tonight when I announced I was going to get serious about my weight (again), I look in the mirror every day, but the photo showed me what others see. A harsh wake-up. I've never tried WW, and we have a group at work. I think it's a good place to start. I've done South Beach, Atkins, and the similar ones with success, but then I tell myself "I've got this" and I'm back up to where I was 8 years ago - and then some. I've got to work on the inside as well as the outside, and I'm glad I stumbled onto this community!

It was a picture that kind of got me started. I caught myself in the mirror one day, I wasn't standing up straight or focusing on my makeup or hair, and I NEVER really look at myself. I was so surprised at what others were seeing, I took a picture and in the picture, I actually look surprised - I look like someone who woke up wearing a fat suit. I look surprised to be me. It's the weirdest thing, but that was how I felt in the moment - like I was inside a Fat Me suit looking out and wondering how I got trapped in there.

Whatever you decide, good luck. WW is working for me. I focus on the making it to the next meeting, and I focus on the next five pounds. I know at some point the weight loss will slow down or might even have a mystery gain and I will make mistakes, but for now I am just following the program. I'm all in. For once, I'm going to embrace it and see where actually DOING THE WORK gets me.