Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-17-2016, 09:54 PM   #1  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default Beachbody 21 day fix

Hey,

Has anyone been doing beachbodys 21 day fix? I started one week ago and already lost 6 lbs without doing the workouts. This is not my water weight as I had previously lost that. Let me know if you've seen resuts using it!!
FYML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/180/140

I'm a bit skeptical to be honest.
AnneNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 239.8

Height: 5`7

My cousin has been doing it off and on for over a year. It is expensive and honestly you consume 1500 calories or more a day on this. It is VERY slow and the workouts honestly aren’t enough. She keeps putting the weight right back on and is spending a fortune on it. I have tried it, I hated it. It was having me consume too many calories and I couldn’t even finish all of my containers each day. I keep trying to get her to work out more. Basically she loses 1/2–1 pound a week after the initial week or two because it is way too high in calories….My guess so you keep buying the ********** week after week. She does love the shakes and a lot of the recipes but when I had her count the calories that she was consuming instead of just looking at the pretty containers she realized that she is only having a deficit of about 500 calories a day…it takes roughly 3500 calories to lose a pound…The work out videos are good, don’t get me wrong but it isn’t enough. 30minutes a day with a raised heart rate just doesn’t cut it to lose weight fast it is a very slow way to go.
Lauren1438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:44 PM   #4  

I lost 53 lbs on 21 Day Fix. It is very easy to follow and as long as you do the 30 minutes a day exercise and don't eat more containers than you are allowed, you will lose the weight. I lost an average of 2 lbs per week on the plan and I really can't recommend it enough. To me it was the containers that made the difference--it's so much easier to keep track of what you're eating if you can just dump it into a container rather than having to enter every single ingredient into a points calculator or calorie tracker. And the workout videos are fun, plus there's a different one every day of the week so it takes a while to get bored.
GiddyUpGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:05 AM   #5  

Smile 21 day fix - yes it works

This diet is really just a portion control plan with exercise. I agree, the 30 minutes isn't enough but if you did just that and followed the eating plan, you will lose weight. I did it 3 times in a row and lost over 20 lbs. No, it's not fast but sustainable weight loss isn't. If you're trying to lose weight for a party this weekend, then look elsewhere. If you're trying to lose weight for the long haul, this is doable. I didn't find it too expensive, you're mostly buying vegetables. And the cost of the program is a one time fee.
lainey_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #6  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I think it works- there are an awful lot of people that changed their lives using that program. I think any program will work that incorporates portion and macro control along with exercise. 21 Day Fix is for people who want the thinking/planning done for them. I think it is particularly good for people who don't understand what a real portion should be. I'm a fan of the Beachbody workouts - and I'm not a coach or in any way affiliated- because I think they really do change people's lives. I'm not a fan of their supplements, and I think that is where the scam lies. I wouldn't get roped into using their "shake" product, for example. That's pretty much where they make all their money, and it's not the miracle product they like to claim. But their workouts, eating plans and their container systems are great.

Edit to add: Beachbody has an online streaming called "Beachbody on demand" that is $99 per year and has ALL their workouts. It's cheaper than buying one program at full price on DVD. I am a subscriber to that and love the variety of being able to use all the different workouts. 21 Day Fix is on there.

Last edited by EagleRiverDee; 07-05-2017 at 01:26 PM.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote