3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-16-2016, 10:10 AM   #1

S/C/G: 312.2/312.2/120

Height: 5feet 7 inches

Default Has anyone tried Optifast?

I've been struggling with my weight since I was 16 years of age. I am now almost 38. Currently I weight 312.2 and I want to drop 195 pounds. I'm to weight between 120-135 pounds for my height which is 5" 7"

I've heard of Optifast from a friend and was wondering if it honestly works? I have tried everything to lose weight however nothing seems to be working. I've tried Weight-loss programs, pills and etc. Just wondering if this works? How long does it takes to drop some weight to the point where you're body is adjusted to eating smaller portions? If it works I'd like to continue to lose weight without having to continue with Optifast.
BeautifulBee03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:09 PM   #2

Height: 5'8.5"

I just googled Optifast, and there are a lot of cautions about it. First off, it is recommended for people who are gearing up for gastric bypass surgery AND it emphasizes that doctor supervision and weekly counseling sessions are recommended. The Optifast website itself says

"Please Note: OPTIFAST products are distributed through weight loss clinics nationwide and are not available for retail sale. OPTIFAST is distributed by trained healthcare professionals to patients who have been through an initial screening process and participate in an ongoing medically monitored OPTIFAST program."

This is the ingredient list from one of their shakes:

"Ingredients (French Vanilla): Water, Sugar, Sodium Caseinate (Milk), Calcium Caseinate, Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate Tribasic, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gel, Carrageenan, Potassium Hydroxide, Mono and Diglycerides, Soy Lecithin, Ascorbic Acid, Cellulose Gum, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Gluconate, Manganese Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Phytonadione (Vitamin K1), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)."

Most assuredly not something I would personally put into my body -- but of course it is up to you. Not meaning to tell you what to do but just respond to your question.

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:25 AM   #3

S/C/G: 200/180/140

This is not for the average person.
AnneNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:28 PM   #4

S/C/G: 238/238/185

Height: 5'9

I did optifast when opera did it 25 years ago. The program was through a hospital. You had to come in for blood work, weight and group therapy once a week. It was expensive. I kept my weight off until I got pregnant but it was a struggle to keep it off.