Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-28-2015, 10:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.6/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Default tell me bout your food processor!

I would like to buy one, I have seen tons of recipes call for one, and would like to know what your likes/dislikes are? I often hear about the paddle attachment in baking threads what did yours come with, what should I look for?!?! Thanks in advance

Last edited by Wesstrom; 04-28-2015 at 10:11 PM.
Wesstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.6/151/155

Height: 5'7"

How much did you pay? Do you have all the attachments, are there some you don't use or would like to have?
Wesstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/195/145

Went with a NutriBullet, and even though it's just me in the house, I manage to whip up salsa, smooties, almond milk, and all kinds of great stuff with it
ChocolateLover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

I have a Cuisinart food processor, with the standard blades and a "fine grate" blade that is wonderful for things like parmesan cheese. It has definitely made my life easier in terms of cooking - I used to hate chopping, dicing, mincing, etc. - and now I do most everything in my food processor. Paid about $100 for it and new blades are around $25.

I also have a Blendtec blender and I couldn't live without it. I am not a fruit/vegetable eater, but I make a smoothie every day with my Blendtec and it blends everything perfectly, including ice and frozen fruit. I regularly throw veggies into my fruit smoothies and I never really notice (I have to trick myself into eating vegetables) because it just blends everything so well. I also use it to make nut butters, batters and things like hummus. I could also use the food processor for a lot of those, but the Blendtec is more convenient since there are no extra attachments/blades and clean up is really easy. We spent around $550 for the Blendtec and the extra "wild side" jar (for nut butters).

We used to have a regular blender but ended up burning out the motor because it would take sooooo long to blend smoothies properly. Our neighbors have a Vitamix (similar to Blendtec) and they love theirs, as well. I consider the Blendtec the best purchase I've made for the kitchen, as I'm now eating 4-6 servings of fruit/veggies per day and it's so easy and delicious.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #5  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

My food processor is an old Cuisinart. To be honest, it doesn't get used that much.

I have a Ninja blender and love it. Like the Blendtec above it has plenty of strength to blend anything I throw at it. If I had to start over, I'd probably look at one of the Ninja Kitchen Systems. It has blender and food processor bowls and attachments including a dough blade.
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: https://groupway.wordpress.com

great work. its a amazing result
jimmyy18 is offline   Reply With Quote