Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-25-2015, 04:50 PM   #1  

Question Activity trackers

For those of you who use activity trackers, which one do you use and how do you like it?

My BFF and I are looking into getting the Fitbit one however we are looking into a few other brands before making a decision.
mscreneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:00 PM   #2  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

I had a fitbit one that died after about a year, then I got the Charge HR.
I love them. I like looking at the data and crunching numbers. I am one of those people that will walk back and forth around the coffee table before I go to bed if I am close to my step goals.
Also, it's my watch and heart rate monitor. I can see what activities are really working me, and how much.

I am a student in Health and physical education and more than a few of us have either the flex or charge/ hr. a couple have the oldest one that just tracks steps... can't think of the name.

Anywho. The interface is what won me over. I also have the aria scale. Forgot about that. It's a solid scale, I covered the display so I don't have to look at it every day, but it's tracked. I can't escape reality.
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:52 PM   #3  
BlueFlick

S/C/G: 257/255.8/150

Height: 5'10"

I have the FitbitOne, I used to have the Jawbone Up but I HATED IT.. the one was for me! It's more accurate as you wear it somewhere other than your wrist, and it's so small you forget it's even there. The night strap is a bit annoying though I find wearing it "inside out" with the velcro strap facing up instead of down on the outside works best for me
BlueFlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 336/326/150

Fitbit is by far the best I have used. Currently, I am using my samsung edge phone for tracking activity. It works wonders. The downfall is sometimes I forget to carry my cellphone while in the office or the battery runs out. But I slightly take it as a win given that there is a surplus of activity unaccounted for... Stay away from misfit. I ordered an activity tracker from there. Never received it. I waited for a month and a half. I am glad about that though because I saw their reviews and their facebook feedback and my goodness...so many people have headaches with their wristbands and then there are counting errors. It seems like a hassle. I am glad I dodged that bullet.

Last edited by ShadyLove; 05-02-2015 at 02:47 PM.
ShadyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I have a Fitbit Charge HR. It's a bit glitchy, the stair counter doesn't work and neither does the "workout mode", but I've just ordered a replacement which will hopefully be OK. I also suspect it of overestimating my steps, so I should probably edit my stride length or something. Still, it's doing that consistently, so it gives me an excellent idea of how my activity levels vary from day to day. I need it because I have severe ME/CFS and the most important thing with that condition is that you pace yourself, so I'm usually trying to do less activity, not more! Similarly, the heart rate monitor is useful for me because I need to avoid letting my heart rate climb too high.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:19 PM   #6  

I decided to go along with the
Jawbone Up Move
I really wanted to go with the fitbit, however my BFF went and got a jawbone up which I didn't care for and also I think the model she has is discontinued. So after looking into what jawbone offers I decided upon the up move. So far so good. I do like it and I purchased the wristband so that I can wear it instead of having to clip it all the time. Ive been using it along with myfitnesspal but so far Im not seeing the benefit of including that.
mscreneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/315/190

My fiance got me the FitBit Charge for Christmas and I love it. The only time I take it off is to shower and do dishes. I wish it was water proof and not just water resistant. In my opinion the band is comfortable to wear. I like that it tracks my steps, miles, calories burned, and stairs and then on the website you can track your sleep, your food, and your water. I use it with My Fitness Pal and it has really helped me get off the couch and get moving.
janann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 408/355/150

Height: 5'4

I have a fitbit charge hr and I love it. I recently got the fitbit scale so everything I need syncs right up in one spot.
Jaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 292/279/140

Height: 5'3"

I have a Jawbone Up24 band. I love it!
BrittGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

fitbit flex works for me
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:44 PM   #11  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

I have the Fitbit Charge & I enjoy it very much. I have 5 friends here @ 3FC & we are together on our dashboard & some of us also have Fitbit family & friends throughout the world walking & doing activities together. It's fun & challenging.

Fitbit just came out w new pretty colors & a new guy color.

Fitbit really rocks
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:07 PM   #12  

I have a Misfit Flash. I didn't want to spend a lot of money in case it ended up in a drawer once the novelty wore off. The Flash was under $25. I've had it several months and I've been quite pleased with it. It does what I hoped it would do; it gives me an idea of how much I am moving so I am inspired to move more.
RetroSewist is offline   Reply With Quote