3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?
Register Calendar Today's Posts Free Diet Blogs

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Banana lover here/ want to start a "banana diet"

Old Today, 10:17 AM   #1
Snowman meets Sun

S/C/G: 185/162/120

Height: 5' 1''

Default Banana lover here/ want to start a "banana diet"

I woke up this morning craving one of my favorite foods: banana with peanuts. The craving is so strong, I started elaborating recipe ideas of ground banana with peanut.

I love bananas so much that I can have them (and only them) for days...won't get tired of them and would have more anytime

Then the thought of eating only food that I LOVE and still lose weight crossed my mind and I absent-mindedly googled "banana diet" and woah!!! It does exist and (apart from the fact that it's a mono food and therefore fad diet)seems to work wonders!

Basically, it requires eating 30 bananas a day and just that. Truth is ... I was easily doing half of that on my own, only stopping because I knew bananas are too sugary. Most of the time, I stopped just because of the gilt.

I live in a tropical country and bananas here are so tasty, with such a nice flavor! In addition, they are cheap and easy to get.

I want to try it out. Actually I'm more than interested about it. I'm quite excited about it and want to check if someone's tried this (or another mono fruit diet) and how it worked.

P.S: I have researched the ups and downs of this diet, with all the negatives that go with it, so I wish to say that I'd preferably not get advice dwelling on the dangers of it.

Thx! I'm salivating...just thinking about it!

Last edited by thirti4thirty : Today at 10:25 AM.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:45 AM   #2
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I've not done this, but as part of a larger vegan community I've heard/read about it and only saw mostly negative things. Sorry I don't have anything positive to share, I wish you luck on your journey.

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird & I have a potty mouth)
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:47 AM   #3
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I am not sure it would be very nurtitionally balanced so would avoid it.

I love a banana as much as the next guy, ideally before a run, but 30 a day? Nope. Not even 15.

The reason is protein and fats, not to mention other vitamins and minerals. You might not be getting enough.

It's not so much a danger issue. You would just start looking and feeling like sh!t.

Running because of Diana
Believing because of Sue
Elvis lives!
Getting fashion advice from Sum
ReillyJ and Carpediem saved my knees!
Don't believe the hype. EAT MORE FISH.
If the bar ain't bendin', you're just pretendin'!

Last edited by IanG : Today at 10:48 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.