Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 01:10 AM   #1  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default adipex

I was taking adipex for awhile and actually lost quite a bit of weight. I had to stop because it was causing me to lose sleep and giving me chest pains at night. I have several relatives (in-laws) who still take it and have not had this problem.

Have any of you ever taken it? I also got B-12 shots with them, bi-monthly.

Thanks,
Heidi
Old 07-20-2003, 02:33 PM   #2  

I have tried Anerox which I guess is the same, it also kept me up all night and gave me bad headaches.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:18 PM   #3  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

I did have bad headaches too! I never made the connection. I thought it was my kids that gave me the headaches.

Heidi
Old 07-21-2003, 09:33 AM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Anorex is not the same as Adipex...

Anorex is an over the counter, overpriced ECA stack (ephedra/caffiene/asprin - they probably make a non-ephedra version by now since everyone else does).

Adipex is the brand name for PHENTERMINE, which is a prescription drug used for weight-loss, with (IMO and from what I've heard) marginal success at best. According to the PDR (Physician's Desk Reference) it is only supposed to be used for a few weeks - as it loses its effectiveness quite quickly and can be addictive. Also, it was the "phen" in Phen-Fen (fenfluramine has been banned from use as it was discovered that it caused heart problems) and that in itself is enough to keep ME away from the stuff...just IMO of course...
Old 07-22-2003, 07:49 PM   #5  

PHENTERMINE................OH yes I fell for that scam also. I paid I think $100. for a bottle and I think I lost 5 pounds. So its not worth the money that is for sure.
Closed Thread