3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   The SLEEP diet. Does it work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/298318-sleep-diet-does-work.html)

thirti4thirty 08-02-2014 09:58 AM

The SLEEP diet. Does it work?

It doesn't exist but I'm sure I'm not the first/only person to think about it.

I want to go to the drugstore tonight, buy loads of sleeping pills. I'm on vacs right now so I can afford to sleep for a whole week. During that week I'm going to hibernate and feed on extra lean food...say...nuts...just a lil bit.

And I'll sleep the whole time, just to erase the first few kilos. Who has tried this before?

underanalysis 08-02-2014 10:02 AM

That sounds incredibly dangerous.

PatPat 08-02-2014 10:25 AM

erm...
you are joking, right? :D

thirti4thirty 08-02-2014 10:38 AM

No, I'm serious, guys!

Of course, I'll be taking the pills several times a day so as to sleep and not feel the hunger.

PatPat 08-02-2014 10:44 AM

then it is completely nuts. the 2 pounds you could maybe really lose doing this are not worth it.

Dottington 08-02-2014 10:56 AM

This sounds like a terrible idea. I understand really wanting to get the weight off but this could end up being very dangerous. No type of medication should be abused.

I'm not trying to be mean, and I really hope you understand that I'm not trying to insult you and this really comes from a place of caring. If you are having these types of thoughts and seriously considering actions like this, I would suggest talking with your doctor or a counselor. This really sounds like ED driven thoughts. Best of luck :hug:

nibog 08-02-2014 11:04 AM

This is SO unhealthy

Besides overdosing - how your body processes the pills on day one will be completely different than on day three with out sustenance and massively different than say day six with out sustenance. You also risk massive dehydration, organ damage, overdosing, muscle depletion, and numerous other unknown risks.

Instead just eat healthy for a week and get in some moderate exercise. Even a small walk around the block.

EmmaD 08-02-2014 11:20 AM

I did this (without sleeping medications) inadvertently! As someone who has slept massively and eaten minimally in the last couple of weeks due to an infection, let me remind you that weight loss achieved in this way is NOT good weight loss. For sure I have lost muscle along with fat. I feel weak and lazy. I have lost 7-8 pounds but honestly don't look any different and my clothes don't really fit differently so that is telling me something!

And now I have SO MUCH WORK to do to regain any cardiovascular and strength abilities I had worked so hard to attain. :(

In addition to the hazards of sleep medications, starving yourself while sleeping is so not worth it. Probably that kind of weight loss is also the kind that comes right back once you return to normal life.

thirti4thirty 08-02-2014 11:23 AM

I'm only desperate! Have an important job interview in 3 months and they say there's no way they'll consider me with my current weight.

nelie 08-02-2014 11:26 AM

Your metabolism is slowest when you sleep so your metabolism would slow down incredibly and you'd have to eat a lot less than you eat now. As this isn't a healthy discussion, I am going to close it. Please talk to a counselor if you are having issues as they may be able to help.