Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Loved my magic bullet before it broke. I hated the replacement Ninja. I must have gotten a dud. I then upgraded to a vitamix-worth every penny. I use my vitamix twice a day.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:36 AM   #17  

My mom has one and she really likes it.
alk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:31 AM   #18  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

If u buy 1, b sure to get it w at least 2 different sizes of containers. Mine has 3 sizes w it. U can only fill it 3/4 to the top.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:31 AM   #19  

To answer your question...I have a ninja and its just "ok" for me.
I've had it about 3 years now.
In regards to the consistency when it makes smoothies, it varies.
It never makes them quite as smooth as a like but for the price of a ninja in comparison to a vitamix I cant complain.
I would definitely like my smoothies a bit more smooth.
It also works well as a food processer. I have the one that came with a few different size containers to blend in so I use the really tall blender looking one for smoothies. After reading other reviews and the post here on this site Im thinking of giving the nutribullet a try.

In regards to the blades after 3 over years I can say mine are still very sharp. You can easily cut your hand on them.
I also have not had any leaks to any part of my system.
mscreneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:50 PM   #20  
Weight Loss Champion

honestly they are all good. I was thinking of maybe getting magic bullet because it looks real easy to use and convenient, but that's just me.
healthyfitlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:13 AM   #21  

I have one I had for over 5 years and I love it... however don't like all the parts to clean for something small (like my protein shakes) so I bought a cheapie personal blender....Now I can throw it in the dishwasher and don't have the glass to wash too. If its for more personal use get something smaller if you will be using for more than smoothies it will do the job

Last edited by Luvmymonkeys; 04-06-2015 at 03:13 AM.
Luvmymonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:05 PM   #22  
IP Start 3/1/2015

S/C/G: 202/139/120

Height: 5'2"

I just got a Ninja a few weeks ago. Mine has the big square pitcher only, no cups or food processor attachment. So far it's working great, much better than the Cuisinart it replaced. It doesn't make smoothies completely smooth, but good enough, IMO, and doesn't have any trouble crushing ice/frozen vegetables. The Cuisinart blades would always get stuck and I'd have to dislodge the ice/frozen veggies with a wooden spoon to get it going again. I haven't had any problems with the Ninja leaking, but since it's only been a few weeks, too early to tell if it might become a problem after it's seen some wear and tear. I would've liked to get a Vitamix, but just couldn't spend the money. For a cheaper alternative, I'm happy with the Ninja so far.
Jonquil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #23  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Love my Ninja Professional. I use the single serve cup every day to make smoothies with spinach; it absolutely obliterates the spinach. It's great for frappaccinos and margaritas (which I'm not enjoying right now, LOL). I gave my daughter a Magic Bullet and it's nowhere near as good as the Ninja.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:29 AM   #24  
Sandee

I have the Ninja 1000 from QVC & I've used it at least 4 Breakfasts weekly since I got it over a year ago. If I don't have a green smoothie @ breakfast I don't have much energy during the day. My smoothies r always smooth, no chunks or pieces.

Today:
B... Green spinach smoothie w watermelon & blueberries, chia & flax seeds.

If anybody is having a problem w getting their food smooth, its the way you r layering your ingredients. Ex: I put some water in my container, then added a handful of my spinach. I blend it until 'almost' smooth & then add the rest & its like a yummy shake

Delish, so read your manual/recipe book & then eat your delish experiments
Old 08-31-2015, 04:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 178/172/100

Height: 4'11

It's honestly the most amazing thing ever. I have the smaller one and it crushes ice like nobody's business. It definitely lives up to the commercials. Everything comes out completely smooth, not like my old blender. Totally worth it IMO.

Last edited by howyoulose; 08-31-2015 at 04:27 PM.
howyoulose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:33 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

I have the ninja professional, with three smoothie/individual cups and that attachment. It's awesome. I use it as a food processor, to make snack balls, and to blend single serve smoothies. Haven't been dissatisfied with it yet.
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #27  
Sandee

Okay on QVC I just saw another version of my Ninja, just another almost Identical product to push @ us to buy.

Come on businesses why don't U think of another product to help us, instead of just adding colors or adding & subtracting the cups from the Ninja's?

I hope U r reading this.

How about making cups w handles near the top to set into my auto cup holder & r safe for the winter temps.

Or make some insulated cozies w a sling for carrying my cups to my auto, so I don't have to balance it in my hand while carrying everything else.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:01 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 416 / 363.4 / 250

Height: 5'9"

I have a Ninja professional that I got at Costco for $170. Came with three NutriNinja cups and the blade, a 72oz blender pitcher, and a food processor with dough blades and two slicer/shredder discs. I use it nearly every day, and it works like a dream. It's one of the best kitchen investments I've made!
MaeCrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #29  

Height: 5' 11½"

Yes, I would definitely recommend the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ.
Jan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:23 PM   #30  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
I have both a Ninja and a Vitamix. The Vitamix is head and shoulders above the Ninja. I would absolutely recommend the Vitamix.
Completely agree with this. Bought the Ninja and thought it was a pretty solid blender. Then bought the Vitamix and was blown away. Never touched the Ninja again.
dhathaway739 is offline   Reply With Quote