Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #1  
Le Petit Papillon

S/C/G: 169/165/139

Height: 5'5"

Default Soylent

Has anyone tried Soylent? My husband just got his and will be trying it soon. I'm not interested in trying it, although he ordered me some too, a while back.

It is supposed to replace food completely...
LePetitPapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I thought this was a joke at first, and was going to say SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE! but then I quickly Googled and saw this is a meal replacement shake or something.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

Height: 5'7

BettyBooty - I am glad I wasn't the only one! I haven't tried it but I give any company that is willing to call something Soylent props! =D
SugarRomeoTango4852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

If you read reddit or the various blogs, a lot of people have tried to make their own and use it regularly. I think the version that was sold as a kickstarter was a bit high in calories, especially for women but you could always use less. There are some do-it-yourself formulas for female soylent (less calories, all the nutrients). Some people swear by it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #5  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I've been following this guy along for quite a while, as I simply find him interesting (I've never met someone who doesn't enjoy food!). I think it's a great option for people who do not like to eat or cannot stand meal prep. It could also save money. But, as per my understanding, it is not billed as a weight loss item.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Yup, it is actually not meant for weight loss, just as an easy way to get all your nutrients in an 'easy' way.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote