3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Juicing Diet

Old 06-30-2014, 03:53 AM   #1

S/C/G: 13st 1lb

Height: 5'5

Default Juicing Diet

Im considering starting the juicing diet like Joe Cross has undertaken on the show Fat Sick and Nearly Dead,

Has anyone else tried this diet? What was your experience and would you recommend it?

Im not thinking of long 30 day fast but more a 10 day fast where I get lots of nutrients as body has taken a vitamin/nutrient battering after being ill this last year so Im thinking a vitamin boost would do me good.
TummyMummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #2

Height: 5'11

Im currently on day 13 of a 30 day juice fast and have lost 12lbs

PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/108/108

Height: 5'1"

the joe cross movie was inspirational to me on so many levels! I had already reached the breaking point where I knew my life was heading for pain, sickness, paranoia and self loathing. I knew I had to ELIMINATE sugar and simple carbs from my diet...juicing was the first step in recovery from sugar/food binges for me. I love to juice . I love the experience of drinking an enormous over sized portion of all healthy sugar free home made juice and being satiated by the juice. So I vote yes! Starting a juice regiment is powerful!

Last edited by lucindaarrowspark : 07-28-2014 at 05:20 PM.
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:08 AM   #4
Swollen

S/C/G: 300/299/225

Height: 5'9"

I've replaced my morning McDonalds breakfast with a veggie/fruit smoothie. I'll see how it goes......
Alhamdulillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:21 PM   #5

S/C/G: 296/277/190

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark View Post
the joe cross movie was inspirational to me on so many levels! I had already reached the breaking point where I knew my life was heading for pain, sickness, paranoia and self loathing. I knew I had to ELIMINATE sugar and simple carbs from my diet...juicing was the first step in recovery from sugar/food binges for me. I love to juice . I love the experience of drinking an enormous over sized portion of all healthy sugar free home made juice and being satiated by the juice. So I vote yes! Starting a juice regiment is powerful!
I don't understand this.

When you juice fruits and vegetables, what you're doing is taking all the sugar, water, and vitamins from the food, and leaving out all the fibre (the filling part). You're also almost completely eliminating fat and protein from your diet if you don't eat other food.

The sugar in fruit isn't any different from the sugar in plain old white sugar (a simple carb). So you haven't eliminated simple carbs at all if you're juicing - in fact, you're getting ALL your calories from simple carbs.

I'm not saying the diet is no good, or not beneficial; I'm sure all those vitamins are good for you. But it's no way to get rid of sugar cravings (unless "getting rid of" means "satisfying").

Last edited by faiora : 11-21-2014 at 08:23 PM.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #6

S/C/G: 296/277/190

Height: 5'10

I'll add this link, although it's not a great reference (best I have on short notice)...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3497795.html

There are benefits to having fruit instead of white sugar, as noted... but a lot of those benefits (like reduction in insulin spikes) don't apply anymore once you start juicing your fruit, because the fibre has been taken out.

Anyway, like I said, I don't think juicing is bad for you. It's just not a way to cut sugar out of your diet.

faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.