3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Lean Eating coaching; Precision Nutrition (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/290653-lean-eating-coaching%3B-precision-nutrition.html)

Defining 12-16-2013 12:01 AM

Lean Eating coaching; Precision Nutrition

Just wondering if there are any former (or current) participants hanging around who can comment on the program. I'm especially curious about;

a) total number of participants each round, and %'s of success vs not-so-much-success
b) usefulness of techniques/habits/system for people who already know a bit about nutrition and basic fitness
c) accountability on an individual vs community basis
d) $1,300 for the year with LE, or spend the $$ on equipment/supplements
E) anything else relevant you'd like to mention!

Thanks in advance for helping me out with a few opinions!

PS. If anyone has gone through their certification program, I'd also be keen to hear about that as well.

Stjarna 12-21-2013 06:08 AM

I know two men who did it with good results -- one lost 100 pounds, one lost 30 (each appropriate for them). I am trying it myself starting this winter, unless I magically start losing weight first LOL

Defining 12-21-2013 04:23 PM

Hi Stjarna, thanks for the input! I'm intrigued by the program, still mulling it over. Best of luck with your goals! :D

patns 01-11-2014 10:10 PM

A member on one of the low carb threads went on it last year after she had lost the weigh she wanted and was having difficulty with maintaining. She loved it and has maintained easily for more than a year. Her husband joined in July and had lost 30 pounds by November. My adult son joined this round on their recommendation.

Defining 01-13-2014 09:56 PM

Hey, thanks patns! I took the risk, and signed up myself as well for Jan 2014; now to see if it makes the difference for my own weight loss. ;) I'll be sure to report back here for other interested parties in the future!

GinaXOXO 09-10-2014 10:33 AM

What is this?

I haven't heard of this. What is it? I went to the website and it looks like it is coaching and not a product. Is that right? I don't want another diet that calls itself coaching but once they get you in the door you find out that it is really products . . . protein drinks and supplements. I want help with real food and solid nutrition and exercise. I can't seem to do it consistently on my own and would love someone helping me believe in what I am doing and pick me up when the scale doesn't do what I think it should.

Thanks for any info.

Gina

gymrat05 11-12-2014 12:05 AM

I haven't done the program itself, but Dr. Berardi went to my university and has lectured there many times and is very well respected in the field of nutrition. He focuses primarily on eating real food (with the odd supplements - like fish oils - thrown in). Lean Eating is very much a behaviourally based coaching program and many people find their weight loss starts slowly as they "baby step" through the first few months. However, the transformations are amazing. It's not a diet at all, it's about changing your behaviours one at a time to establish healthy habits that work for you.