3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Skinny Fiber (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/281158-skinny-fiber.html)

swinegeart 05-07-2013 12:19 AM

Skinny Fiber

Anyone ever tried Skinny Fiber? I've been on it about a month and am seeing great results! I started losing with Atkins but have really seen the inches fly off with SF!

nelie 05-07-2013 06:46 AM

It appears the primary ingredient is glucomannan which has been cited as a good filling fiber substitute. The only issue I see is that most appetite suppressants these days include it but also charge a huge markup. You can buy the ingredient fairly cheaply at any place that sells vitamins.

swinegeart 05-07-2013 09:42 AM

This is what I have found when researching a little,
Glucomannan 9/day $34.99 month supply
Caralluma 2/day $19.95 month supply
Cha de bugre 3/day $49.99 month supply
Enzyme complex 6/day $29.99 month supply
20 pills/day $134.92 monthly
Skinny Fiber has all of these ingredients and it's $59.95 for a one month supply and you only take 4 a day. 2 about a 1/2 hour to an hour before your 2 biggest meals.
**please note all prices are in USD**

I've really lost inches and I definitely feel more energized!

nelie 05-07-2013 10:06 AM

Actually glucomanan is between $10 to $15 for a month supply and multiple pills for ease of swallowing. Although you could scale it up or down. Personally, since it is the only proven active ingredient, it is the only one I'd worry about.

Suzanne 3FC 05-07-2013 11:33 AM

Good point, Nelie!

I was curious about the product so I decided to check out the ingredients.

I see a few problems with this product. It's basically fiber and laxatives. Some of the ingredients could make you ill.

First, it's sold via a very generous affiliate program. Out of the $59.95 you pay for the product, the person promoting it gets $40. This would encourage a lot of false testimonials. The best thing would be to research the ingredients and published studies.

Other than the glucomannan (available elsewhere for pennies), the ingredients are misleading.

Two pills (one serving) contain:
1.16 grams of a proprietary blend of:
glucomannan
caralluma (whole plant) powder
Cha de Bugre leaf powder

260mg Enzyme blend.

Lets look at caralluma (whole plant) powder. The study on this ingredient, published in PubMed, was not done on the whole plant powder, but was done on caralluma extract and in higher dosages than what you get from this product. Also, the results were very minimal at best. ..."these were not significantly different between experimental and placebo groups." In other words, you won't benefit from it.

Cha de Bugre is a diuretic so it will cause you to initially drop water weight. Not fat. It also contains caffeine, so that might explain the energy since it has stimulant properties. From what I can tell, there have not been any safety studies on this ingredient. Consume with caution.

Enzymes: Used here as laxatives, so that would also explain any quick weight loss. Note that weight is not the same as fat in this instance :p

Lipase powder: an animal based enzyme that is used in the production of cheese. It is also used in laundry detergent for stain removal. The human body does use lipase (tho not for weight control), but it is manufactured naturally by the liver in the amount our bodies need. Amylase powder is used in brewing beer. Papain and bromelain powders are used as meat tenderizers. Some people feel they help with digestive problems, although this has no impact on weight. Side effects from bromelain can include diarrhea, vomiting, heart palpitations, and a long list of other problems.

Lets get back to the glucomannon powder :) It has the ability to make you feel fuller if taken before a meal, which has the possibility of helping you eat less. In my opinion, a better option than eating until you feel stuffed would be behavior modification and choosing the right foods. It's much healthier and sustainable than trying to trick the body into feeling fuller.

Still, if you feel you need something like this then just buy glucomannan powder. As nelie pointed out, it's super cheap! You can buy it at any drugstore, Walmart, or online and a month's supply will cost about $10 - probably a lot less.

Oreokitty123 06-12-2013 11:37 AM

Good to know! :carrot:

stratcat45 08-12-2013 01:28 PM

Yeah, this product is being pushed really hard over on FaceBook on many of the diet groups. They use Dr. Oz as a resource, but really the only ingredient he approve was the Glucomannan. They also are stating that it cures EVERYTHING!! You'll come off all meds and never have those symptoms again. They seem to want to push it by saying it's ALL NATURAL. What they overlook is that many all natural products can and have not interacted well with other meds. They also tote that you don't want the FDA involved in it....though I agree that the FDA approves lots of things that they shouldn't, at least if something is FDA approved it will have any warnings you should be aware of on it. No FDA warning? Well, should you take that chance???

fatgyrl 08-13-2013 10:01 PM

Thank you for the "skinny" on this product. All my other scam searches lead me to more adverts.

BethinFW 08-29-2013 02:59 AM

I have been using skinny fiber for 7 weeks ago. The first 4 weeks I didn't change anything. I still lose a few pounds but I lost 3 inches on my waist.

3 weeks ago I went back to low carb. I dropped another 14 lbs in the first two weeks. 15 inches overall. I really like it.

AndyR611 10-21-2013 04:03 PM

I took skinny fiber for 6 weeks. No weight loss no inches loss despite following a healthy eating plan and drinking lots of water about 4 liters a day. I didnt feel any of the things that everyone else said that they feel like extra energy etc.

happybug 10-21-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC (Post 4733456)

Cha de Bugre is a diuretic so it will cause you to initially drop water weight. Not fat. It also contains caffeine, so that might explain the energy since it has stimulant properties. From what I can tell, there have not been any safety studies on this ingredient. Consume with caution.

This ingredient was one of the reasons why I hesitated to try this product. I can't have anything with guarana in it because it gives me migraines. While Cha de Bugre is not guarana, I still hesitated because I didn't know if it might have the same side effects. It's always a good idea to research a product before trying it. I was surprised that a woman I know who endorses this product swears she would never take anything containing stimulants, yet she had obviously overlooked or not researched the fact that Skinny Fibre contains caffeine, a known stimulant.

classykaren 10-22-2013 07:45 AM

Has anyone tryd plexus (who is not selling it ?) I just bought haven't received a 7 day sample pack . I should have went on here first. Thanks