Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #1  

Default What supplements have worked for you?

Just curious to see whats out there.
Giovanni420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #2  
it's always something

Welcome to 3FC I moved your thread to our "Does it Work" forum. If you browse the threads here, you'll see plenty of reviews of supplements. Basically, you'll find that most people say they don't work and they are more successful when they focus on their diet and exercise plans.

Good luck!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #3  

Thanks man! Sorry about making your job harder ha ha.
Giovanni420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/128/120

Height: 5'5

Hey Giovanni.

I agree, most things don't work at all. For myself, though, I've found Oxyelite Pro works well for me. I've been through the whole get back into shape routine before. I've never been more than 20-30 pounds over my lowest weight with an awesome body fat percentage. Google it to find out more, buy it online or at GNC (i bought it on sale the other day for 39.99). It's a thermogenic, NOT A DIET PILL OR MAGIC. If you want results from taking it, work out hard and eat clean. It helps with energy, giving you a boost throughout the day. I don't get jittery, as some people do, but I do get a touch of nausea toward the end of my workouts. Well worth it to me, though. I was losing weight steadily, but my first week taking this I feel fat has been more or less melting off of me (though I've been lifting and doing intense cardio and exercises that really challenge my body).

Just a thought, something to look into

Best of luck!!!!!
Alibaibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #5  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

There are no magic pills that will make you lose weight without some work on your end as well. Most pills will work to some degree, but the effects are usually temporary because they simply flush the water out of your body.

Some people have claimed that green tea supplements help to speed up metabolism, as does vitamin D. There are some studies that suggest this to be true. Most diet pills mess with your hormones and add chemicals to your body that shouldn't be there. I would suggest really researching anything you plan to take.

Remember, a healthy diet and exercise can do more for you than any pill ever will.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #6  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

Chromium polynicotinate works well for me to help curb my sugar cravings. Miracle pill it is NOT, but taken daily, for me, I really do see a difference.

My weight loss is thanks to my healthy 1400 calorie net daily diet and 6 day a week exercise. Please let me be clear - I am NOT saying this is causing me to lose weight. It just helps with those oh so powerful sugar cravings that used to lead to binges late at night.

I still have to avoid other trigger foods (white breads, primarily) but I can tell a difference when I run out for a few days. Many manufactures have it; I get mine from Swanson because its around $4 a bottle and often B1G1 free.

I love my supplements, but this is the only one I take specifically to help me with weight loss.

Last edited by L J; 03-18-2013 at 12:48 PM.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #7  

Vitamin D 3. Also magnesium. Both of these reduce your insulin resistance.

Phentermine does work but IMHO only for short term. And for me it was so hard to get and didn't work long enough for me to lose all the weight... I just gave up.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, I just wanted to comment on this cos my friend recommended a supplement to me which has really helped with my weight loss.

I'm taking phentermine too, wihich I lost weight with before but I was stalling for the first couple weeks and I wanted an extra boost so I started phen caps, they give me alot more energy and help with cravings and hunger, and now I've lost 7lbs these last two weeks. It's right that theyre not magic pills, they just help me alot, I still have to work out and eat good but its easier with a little help, thats what I think supplements can do.
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibaibee View Post
Hey Giovanni.

I agree, most things don't work at all. For myself, though, I've found Oxyelite Pro works well for me. I've been through the whole get back into shape routine before. I've never been more than 20-30 pounds over my lowest weight with an awesome body fat percentage. Google it to find out more, buy it online or at GNC (i bought it on sale the other day for 39.99). It's a thermogenic, NOT A DIET PILL OR MAGIC. If you want results from taking it, work out hard and eat clean. It helps with energy, giving you a boost throughout the day. I don't get jittery, as some people do, but I do get a touch of nausea toward the end of my workouts. Well worth it to me, though. I was losing weight steadily, but my first week taking this I feel fat has been more or less melting off of me (though I've been lifting and doing intense cardio and exercises that really challenge my body).

Just a thought, something to look into

Best of luck!!!!!

I tried Oxylite Pro (the original)... have to admit, it does work pretty good... almost as good as phentermine did as far as suppressing hunger. It did increase my heart rate though. Of course it is still no magic pill, you can't eat whatever you want- you still have to count calories and exercise...
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I have also tried oxyelite pro. They did not help me lose weight (I started eating healthier but wasn't counting calories) but they gave me SO MUCH ENERGY! I loved it! Unfortunately, I started to also have severe mood swings, I was always pissed off, so I did some research. From what I read, they are (or were at the time) similar to meth. Lesson learned, but I do miss that rush of energy, I'd do all my house cleaning, yard work, errands, etc. and still have energy to spare...I remember sitting in the bank drive through twitching and fidgeting because I couldn't stand to just sit still and wait for them to deposit my money or whatever I was doing. lol
MAK247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK247 View Post
I have also tried oxyelite pro. They did not help me lose weight (I started eating healthier but wasn't counting calories) but they gave me SO MUCH ENERGY! I loved it! Unfortunately, I started to also have severe mood swings, I was always pissed off, so I did some research. From what I read, they are (or were at the time) similar to meth. Lesson learned, but I do miss that rush of energy, I'd do all my house cleaning, yard work, errands, etc. and still have energy to spare...I remember sitting in the bank drive through twitching and fidgeting because I couldn't stand to just sit still and wait for them to deposit my money or whatever I was doing. lol
interesting, thanks for sharing. not to go off topic, but some of the ingredients in the original oxypro are supposed to be helpful for people with ADD/ADHD to focus more, which is one reason I tried it. usually if you don't have ADD/ADHD those things can have the opposite effect, instead of calming you down to focus you'll have a crazy amount of energy instead.

I always say... if it works, it probably won't be on the market for long. same with oxypro, I believe it was almost discontinued but now I'm seeing it for sale again.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I suggest BCAA with glutamine if you are strength training, it doesn't help at all with weight loss or energy but glutamine helps prevent muscle soreness and I have noticed a BIG difference days I take it after training vs days I don't I can do a routine one day, take it and be barely sore the next day. but later that week or the next week the same exact routine without it and I am sore for 2 days after.

The BCAA part stands for base chain amino acids, it is a mixture of all the amino acids your body needs to repair muscle.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #13  

My sister just lost 8 pounds in a week by taking Sensa. She said it worked by curbing her cravings so she ate less. The second week she didn't do quite as well on it because she was more stressed out. One other thing she mentioned is that you have to keep changing the flavors because each only works for a limited period of time (max a month) before you become too used to it and it doesn't reduce the cravings as much (enough).

She also mentioned that some month's flavors work better than others. She is definitely a fan of month one.

Sensa isn't a supplement per se but rather flavorings you sprinkle on food depending on what you are craving.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm tempted.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 249/~~~/149

Height: 5'6

I just started taking GLA. Gamma Linolenic Acid. It's an Omega 6 supplement. Belly fat increases when you're stressed. GLA is suppose to have a calming effect thus lessening potential fat increases. I was hesitant to try it til I read that it is primarily for diabetic pains, arthritis, pre-menopausal symptoms and is suppose to help your skin look great. Even if it does help with my belly fat, the rest of it sounds good.
Amy Remixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 152/cw 147/gw 135/ugw 130

Height: 5'7''

I have been taking Cinsulin from GNC for about a week now. It's not a weight loss supplement, per se (despite the fact it says "weight loss" on the box), but it does seem to stabilize my sugar and prevent carb/sugar crashes! I'm not diabetic, but I do tend to crash after eating even a smallish amount of carbs - even healthy ones! I have noticed a difference with this and have been able to skip or postpone snacks!
bubblybarrister is offline   Reply With Quote