Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 04:42 PM   #1  

Default Scan Diet?

Has anyone tried Scan Diet from GNC? I keep hearing of everyones good results, but its from the workers at GNC.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:56 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Well of course the GNC workers will rave about it...

Here's a blast from the recent past...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=23387

Now whether it 'works' or not...well...if you follow the plan (I have never used Scan Diet so this is just IMO) you will probably lose weight - because it's probably tied to a low-calorie diet.

I just looked up the nutritional info...hmmm...

1 serving has:

160 calories
3g fat
21g carbs - 13g of which are sugar!!!
18g protein (soy, which isn't the optimum source for protein if you're into muscle building).

Plus the second ingredient listed is fructose (SUGAR).

If you wanna try it out, rather than buying a whole box of it and finding out it tastes like crap, see if they'll sell you one or two envelopes (this is actually one thing that GNC is good for - they'll often sell individual servings of meal replacement shakes so you're not out a bunch of money).

Just from looking at the ingredients, tho', there are WAY better meal replacement shakes out there on the market...just a few off the top of my head: Myoplex Lite, Lean Body for Her and Biotest GROW.
Closed Thread