WeightWatchers convert! ...

• I have recently converted to WW despite a considerable time of being determined that calorie counting was the best thing to do. In just one week..and that without being very "good" all the time..I have lost 2lb!! A big plus is that I am no longer suffering from dreadful constipation.

Am now looking forward eagerly to my cruise in December when I am sure I will at last be a "new" me...

• I think it's been largely assumed that there's one single, best weight loss method, or at least one single, best weight loss method for each individual.

I don't believe either. I've lost 105 lbs, and I've used at least a dozen plans to do it.

The method isn't nearly as important as consistently using some method, any method, and you can switch as many times as you like, as long as you don't take "vacations from weight loss" between plans.

In the past, whenever I wanted to try a new food plan, instead of just jumping right in, I'd take a weeked, week, or month "off" to enjoy eating "normally" (which to me meant gaining) while I researched the new plan.

I also find that I NEED the accountability and support of a weekly weight-loss group meeting. If my TOPS groups wasn't available, I'd rejoin Weight Watchers in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter which group I attend, as long as I have a weekly group to go to.

I wish weight loss clubs and support groups were more common (especially the free and low-cost ones). For how many people are trying to lose weight, it's a shame that support groups aren't on every street corner.