3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Shakeology/Other Shakes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/262668-shakeology-other-shakes.html)

lisa34t 07-10-2012 04:47 PM

Shakeology/Other Shakes

Has anyone tried any of the flavors? Any ratings? Was it fulfilling?

I will be receiving some samples with my Turbo Fire order. Just curious…:?:....

EagleRiverDee 07-10-2012 04:54 PM

I use the Tropical Strawberry **********- it's the only one I can have because I'm allergic to dairy and Tropical is a vegan formula. The others (chocolate and greenberry) have whey so I can't have them. I'd give it 4 stars. It is a little grainy (which I understand the whey formulations are not- the vegan formula is grainy because they use rice protein which needs to soak longer so if you just blend and drink it's grainy) but the flavor is good.

As to other shakes- I also use PlantFusion Protein Vanilla flavor. That's strictly a protein shake (vs ********** being a protein/whole foods blend) but I love it. I often mix the two together- one scoop Shake-o and one scoop PlantFusion because together they both taste better.

angieand2girls 07-11-2012 11:23 AM

I just ordered the Chocolate one and will be getting it soon so I'll let you know when I taste it! :)

-Angela

gettingmygymon 07-13-2012 04:28 AM

I tried the chocolate ********** for a month. The flavor is a bit green tasting, but it definitely a that dark chocolate deliciousness not found in most milk chocolate flavored protein shakes.

It was not filling. I do not drink milk, so, per glass, I was well under 200 calories, making it more of a snack than meal.

TurboLaura 07-13-2012 10:04 AM

The chocolate is awesome!! Strawberry isn't for me because of the heavy banana flavor. One scoop is only 150 calories and I also drink it with water so I have it as part of my breakfast. I find it so rich that I mix it with another protein powder!

straightahead 07-13-2012 03:11 PM

I tried chocolate ********** for a week and loved how it made me feel! Since it was so expensive, I bought idealshape shakes as a substitute. I like ********** so much better though. I had so much energy after having one for breakfast

ringmaster 07-13-2012 11:03 PM

too expensive for me... I'm looking into trying green smoothies now. there are also green powders out that have alot of what ********** does. I guess ********** shines because alot of people say it tastes good.

TurboLaura 07-14-2012 11:12 AM

ringmaster, I agree - it's far too expensive!

twinieten 07-15-2012 11:09 AM

I loved **********. Detest Greenberry, and still have half a bag that I can't seem to throw away, or drink. I love the Tropical and the Chocolate. I would contact ********** each month so I could alternate flavors. I was on the monthly shipment plan, but they won't rotate the Tropical with the other flavors unless you ask for it.

I drank it for several months, multiple days a week. It didn't give me a boost of energy, but it made a decent meal replacement. What hooked me was that it had such a positive affect on my libido! I need to figure out what's in it that did that so I can find a suitable supplement replacement!

I don't get ********** any more because I have a couple of surplus bags, and it's just too expensive to keep up with at $140 a month after tax. I'll continue to use it as needed for meal replacement until my bags are gone and then see if I can find a less expensive alternative.

VeggieGirl84 07-15-2012 05:04 PM

I'm a fan of the Chocolate!

ETA: I always mix mine with enough extras to make it a meal (fruit, non-dairy milk, etc).

lisa34t 07-23-2012 10:52 AM

Thanks for all your input. I have tried it, and found it ok. Not quite filling, and i used milk. I also have lean shake from gnc, which taste more like Slim fast, and its less calories with a better taste( to me).

irishchik 08-06-2012 03:31 PM

********** is expensive because they have to pay their affiliates. If you notice most of the reviews are pushing the product. I shy away from stuff like that.

There are plenty of other store bought (online and off) that have the same nutritional value for a fraction of the cost. I ended up purchasing IdealShape 4 month package because it was cheaper than a product at GNC or Amazon that was comparable. I also like that it is meant to be mixed with water. I do 1c water, 1c unsweetened almond coconut milk with some PB2, spinach and frozen banana. Or, mix with fruits. Lost 3.2lbs last week so I can't complain too much!