Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Fitbit

Does anyone have one and is it worth the money and getting one?

Last edited by KatieAlyse; 05-31-2012 at 09:46 PM.
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Fancy pedometer with some nice bonus features like sleep tracking.

I like it. I'm on my 3rd. (Bought 1, they sent me a replacement when that one went wonky for some reason. Nice customer service. Then I lost it (my own fault) and I got another.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #3  

How has it benefited you in your weight loss?
Old 04-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/299/175

Height: 5'5"

I have one. I got it a few weeks ago. It is kind of neat. It's a pedometer that tracks the distance you've walked in miles, amount of steps taken, calories burned, amount of stairs climbed in a day,how active you are, sleep etc.. and it tracks it. If you have some friends who have one you can "compete" with them so to speak. It keeps you accountable for your steps each day. The website keeps track over a 30 day period so you (and your friends who have one) can see your progression in a series of charts. You can choose what items you want to keep private and disclose. I love it. I know there are some days where I don't feel like walking then I look and see how many steps my friends have and I get up and move because I don't want to look lazy lol. It's motivating!!! It automatically logs your steps/distance etc.. anytime you walk past your computer (within 15 feet). I downloaded the app on my smartphone and I'm able to log the food I eat as the day goes along. This is kind of cool because at the end of the night I can look at the graph and see how much i've burned as apposed to how much i've consumed. I for sure think it's worth it. It's absolutely benefited me in my weight loss.

Last edited by donkeykick; 04-15-2012 at 08:05 PM.
donkeykick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #5  
Citizen of the Planet

I love mine. I've had one for several years. I was afraid of losing it, so I made a little 'leash' for it so that it clips onto my waistband. The thing I didn't like about the BodyBugg and other devices like that are that you have to pay a monthly fee after the brief subscription is over. Fitbit is free after you purchase the device. They don't charge anything unless you want the premium subscription.
shelterwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

How has it benefited you in your weight loss?

It's pretty accurate for me on the steps/calories burned each day. This gives me a good picture for how much to eat to keep on track for weight loss.

Even on days when I don't food log so long as I remember to clip it to me it's tracking my steps. for me that's motivation enough. But they are small, easy to misplace, and look out if you bung it thru the wash. Mine came out ok, but I'm going ot be annoyed if I lose/ruin another one. It's like that pro of it (small, discreet) is also one of its cons! (small, black with accent color, easy to misplace!)

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 04-16-2012 at 01:08 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Will the fitbit tell you calories burned riding a bicycle or do you have to add that exercise? How wld that work?
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 110/189/110

Height: 5'4

its worth it my brother has one!
i33BabyGirl33i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #9  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I love my Fitbit. So much! And I second the 'great customer service'.... its amazing customer service, really.

And I've lost more with my Firbit than I did with my BodyBug.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197.6/185.2/150

Height: 5'3

I'm another fan of the Fitbit. I wear it every single day and makes you more aware of how active you are. It is really a good motivational tool. Since I got it, I started parking all the way in the back of the parking lot (which helps me towards my daily step goal) and I use the bathroom on another floor which forces me to walk up a flight of stairs every time I go to the bathroom (which helps me towards my daily flight goal).

I use myfitnesspal as my calorie counter and I also input my exercise into it. It syncs my meal and exercise info with the fitbit. It is really helpful.
Angelique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Oh, yeah! Totally love it. I got mine at the end of April and I have lost 14 pounds since then. I love the fact that it syncs automatically, do I don't have to create and update a bunch of tracking sheets to see how I'm doing. It's a great motivator. I love the badges, but mostly it reminds me to move. That's a big deal since I have a sendentary job.
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #12  

I didn't know it would sync up with the MFP! I've been using that! I've logged in for over 80 days now. I might get one when I meet my next goal.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #13  

Hello friends. I am very interested in this however I have a question. Is this hard to learn how to operate ? I am 62 and very non tech.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #14  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

No. There's only one button on it! As long as you keep it charged by plugging it in to your computer every few days, youll be good.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #15  

Thank you, Kateleestar
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote