Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 157/157/120

Height: 5'0"

I LOVE my FitBit One! I'm getting the Aria scale soon too.

I sync it with LoseIt and just love that combo. LOL I did laps around my bedroom last night because I only needed a few hundred steps to hit 10,000. It definitely motivates me to move and not sit on the couch during my 2 year old's nap time. I get really annoyed with myself if I'm not close to 5000 steps my midday and I find myself thinking up activities to do with my son that will get more steps in. Totally worth the money!

FYI - If you are a government employee (includes military) and get the gov't discount through Verizon Wireless, you'll get a discount if you order the FitBit through them. I think that's the cheapest way to buy one.
emurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #32  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

I just ordered a Fitbit Zip. Is there anything I need to know before using it? I am not very tech-savvy, but want to get everything possible out of it! Thanks!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #33  

Is is accurate for ellipticals and treadmills? I have been wondering about that.
spcdcider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Treamills, yes. It's not super-exact but will get within a tenth or two of a mile as best I can tell when I run outside with my GPS. Ellipticals I can't speak to.

Love my FitBit One. It syncs with my phone and MFP... it's really kept me on track this year!

I know the HR Monitor question was asked in August, but if anyone else is wondering... I own both and to me, they have two different jobs. I will still log my running into the FB interface, to get the calories burned recorded. I don't use my HR monitor to count calories burned, so I don't know how it compares.
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

I am really thinking of getting one. I even talked to my husband the other day. With the Fitbit one, how well does the sleep tracker work? I really would love to know how many times and how much of the night I am awake.

Currently, I use Endomondo on my phone, but it very often goes into "auto pause" while I am walking which just annoys me. I could use a device that does not do that, and is accurate.

Is there a way to "turn it off" while you are in a car? Or you just make an adjustment on the log?
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

It does reasonably well with sleep tracking when compared to Sleep Cycle, an app on my iPhone that I prefer.

If you log your driving it will negate the steps registered.

I used MapMyRun when my GPS watch broke this summer, no pausing issue.
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #37  

I got mine last night! I was afraid it would be a little wasteful as I have a great pedometer (Omron), which keeps a log of all activity plus "aerobic" activity, which is basically when you move continuously for 10 minutes or more, and it's been extremely accurate.

But the Fitbit seems like a lot more fun. It's smaller so it's easier to have with me, and the clip makes it nice and secure. The sleep tracker is cool (the only good info I've synced so far). And I think all the graphs showing me minute-by-minute activity will be motivating.

I linked my Fitbit account with my Sparkpeople too.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

As far as syncing goes, will it automatically sync with your phone or do you have to plug it into the computer to get it to sync? I also use MFP.
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #39  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

it syncs automatically.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieAlyse View Post
As far as syncing goes, will it automatically sync with your phone or do you have to plug it into the computer to get it to sync? I also use MFP.
I have my dongle set up on my home computer so it syncs when I am in the same room, automatically.

I have the FitBit app on my phone and there is a little bit of a lag sometimes, but once the information is synced on my computer, I'll get notifications on my phone.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Awesome! Thank you! Mine should be coming in the mail tomorrow! Bad thing is I am going out of town tomorrow morning and wont be home until Friday night so I wont be able to use it until Saturday...this feels like eternity!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #42  

I've been using mine for a month now so I thought I'd post an update.

This thing is seriously motivating. It motivates me so much more than my awesome pedometer did. I love that it keeps running totals of things like steps. Most of the time I am getting over 10,000 steps in each day (which I rarely did when I used a pedometer). I now go out of my way at work...I go to a bathroom far away to get extra steps and staircases in. At the gym yesterday, I really pushed myself because I want to have 10,000 steps done by the time I get home after work, and I could only do that if I went faster on the elliptical than I have been.

And by the way, it seems to be very accurate. It counts my elliptical steps, and they match up with the strides the elliptical says I've done. And I've never had a problem with it adding steps while I'm driving or whatever. It's really awesome.

Last edited by Amy8888; 02-28-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #43  
Empress/Queen

I still love mine and recently got my 500 mile badge, which yes does motivate me. I had cut back to 8,000 steps a day for a while but am not back to 10,000 and I also lift weights and do some other things but the Fitbit is the biggest driver for me in an active day.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #44  

Height: 5'5"

I am thinking of buying a new scale, and when I looked at the new scales on amazon saw a fitbit aria one, then found this thread. Do you recommend the loseit scale or the aria scale?
lettingslenderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:57 AM   #45  
Less of a Better Me

I have the Withings scale and like it better. I am going to get the new Withings scale which has bluetooth. I love my Fitbit Force but some people have had problem with the aria not working with their network. I like that the new Withings has bluetooth since WiFi is unreliable where it is located.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote