Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 09:37 AM   #1  
sweetpoison

S/C/G: 224/230/160

Height: 5'5"

Question BBJ Bun and Thigh Rocker ? Anyone have one?

I was wondering if anyone owned the Body By Jake bun and thigh rocker and what do you think of it - Results???

Thanks
Vicki
Old 03-06-2003, 12:23 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Well I don't have one - those have been around awhile haven't they?

I'm one of those old-fashioned people who believe in crunches.

However if you must have one...I suggest checking ebay. In fact, I just checked and there's a SLEW of 'em for sale there, including one that ends in about 3 hours from now...that has no bids and you can nab for $12 plus shipping...

Just go to ebay and do a search for "Body by Jake" and see what comes up...
Old 03-06-2003, 06:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello!
I actually DO have one of these...if you are familiar with weight training-it is almost like a leg press machine if you put the heavier bands on it.
I would say that the difference would be like comparing a Weider home gym to a Bowflex-you are doing the same exercises, but one is using stacked weights, and the other is using the resistance bands. With a leg press machine in the gym or on a gym set, you are using stacked weights for resistance, and with the Bun & Thigh Rocker you are using bands.
It does work, if you adhere to a weight training routine for your entire body-that is how I use mine. I also have a standard weight bench for doing chest exercises, etc.
For a totally balanced lower body workout, you still need to do some exercises to isolate other muscles, like doing exercise for your calves. The Rocker isolates mostly your front and back thighs like the leg press.
If you want one, I would totally try to nab one cheap on Ebay-they do work-but in a balanced exercise plan. You can't do like they show on the infomercials-and get fit from head to toe only using that machine.
Aphil
Old 03-07-2003, 12:23 PM   #4  
it's always something

I looks like it would just feel good to use. I can get the same movements from my Total Gym, though, so I don't have any extra doo-dads.

Hmm, maybe I should dust if off.
Closed Thread