Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 09-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/173/150

Smile Herbalife??

This stuff has been around a long time. Has anyone out there tried it?? My husband's friend and his wife came over to visit and they look like different people (who just happen to sell this stuff). I am considering trying it but it costs big bucks so I wanted to see what you guys think?? It doesn't seem like a bad thing to try (it is on my list of stuff I haven't tried yet lol). Any input is appreciated.
eightiesbabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/176/145

Height: 5'8

I tried it a year or so ago..it does work, if you are willing to drink the majority of your meals the rest of your life. It is extremely expensive, and if you slip up or stop, you gain back all that you lost plus a few extra. I only lost 12lbs over 2 months, and the shakes don't taste the greatest. IMO, buy frozen fruit and make your own smoothies, much cheaper and made with real food.
BrettnLaurynsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #3  
thinking skinny

S/C/G: 319/275.3/159

Height: 5'7

I did Herbalife and lost 32lbs in 45 days with JUST the diet, not even exercising but I was ALWAYS hungry.
yourbffmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

After much trial and error, and shakes and Advocare and all it's "vitamins" and so on and so forth, never tried Herbalife, but anyway.

A sensible lifestyle change, that includes, lean, low fat protein, lots of veggies and fruit, regular exercise, and the now and then indulgence, is the best plan.

I follow this plan.

Good, wholesome food for good nutrition, and exercise for fitness.

By doing this most of the time, you can have the now and then wedding cake or drink with friends or what have you.

These plans do work, but who in the world wants to live the rest of their life drinking yukky shakes and taking pills twice a day!?
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #5  
Raluca xx

Height: 5'9"

Pretty much my everyday meals for the past 2 weeks ! Seems to be working though : 5lbs lost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPSV74X7OeA
ralucax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/143/92

Height: 5 feet short and tiny figure

I've tried this product, the shakes, the tea, the aloevera drink. The shakes twice a day, for me I was so bored with it's taste.
Lily Wu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #7  

My mom used to work for herbalife...they basically force you to get really really thin. She was doing crazy dieting the whole time she worked for them, and it really helped her sell.... but she didn't feel right b/c she knew she was doing more than she was telling people to do. I'd be careful with them,but if it works for you that's great!
XtiniMartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 243/seeticker/170

Height: 5'11

Herbalife is your everyday average pyramid scheme... the people who begin the program are pressured to be sellers of the product so that they may get a percentage off their packages themselves.

Also, there are numerous studies, especially overseas where in some places, the product is banned about the damaging effects that Herbalife has on your liver.
Also it is known to cause severe spikes in blood pressure.

Just warning you, the people who are involved in the herbalife company mean well, for sure but are being fooled by the owner for their money and their susceptibility to being an employee for his company. Look into the long term health effects that are PROVEN to have happened after using this product. I would not advise doing this unless you really look into it first - from other sources that aren't Herbalife-based.
paigeinabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 105kg/103kg/60kg

Height: 1.60m

I just watched a Jim Rohn lecture and he was speaking at a Herbalife event! It's so weird how these things sync up - I hadn't even heard of Herbalife before today!
JamieToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:54 AM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My gym actually sells Herbalife but they don't push it. They offer it as an option for people that want to use it. I was curious so I looked up the ingredients of the shakes and they are standard protein shakes, actually using the cheapest sources of protein you can find. I don't know how much they cost because I didn't delve in that far but whatever it is, you can probably find much cheaper at GNC.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #11  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

I actually use Herbalife as well currently. I also found the shakes a bit blech at first until I started mixing them- a scoop of two different flavors for a mocha latte or a vanilla latte flavor and that helped drastically. I do the shakes, and I absolutely love the bars they have. Instead of replacing meals though, I use them as a 'snack' between meals, due to the protein in them after I am finished working out in strength training. I will have a shake between breakfast and lunch and a bar between lunch and dinner.

Another thing to try, which I do on occasion is after I make the shake, I will stuff it in the freezer for about 20 minutes and get a nice cold milk shake from it, which has also improved it.

I don't use the products so much as a weight loss cure- I use them more as supplements with the strength training, which they are really good for, keeping up the energy and endurance levels for it.

Last edited by ladypeacek; 03-29-2014 at 11:54 AM.
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...#axzz2zCHF4P5r

Food for thought...
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
After much trial and error, and shakes and Advocare and all it's "vitamins" and so on and so forth, never tried Herbalife, but anyway.

A sensible lifestyle change, that includes, lean, low fat protein, lots of veggies and fruit, regular exercise, and the now and then indulgence, is the best plan.

I follow this plan.

Good, wholesome food for good nutrition, and exercise for fitness.

By doing this most of the time, you can have the now and then wedding cake or drink with friends or what have you.

These plans do work, but who in the world wants to live the rest of their life drinking yukky shakes and taking pills twice a day!?

Kudos to shcirerf. I couldn't have said it better myself.
It really is the best plan. If only more people would give it a try!
MsMatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Started Cal Counting on 1/4/16

Height: 5'10"

I did this diet for several months. I lost a tremendous amount of weight, but wow - I was starving no matter what I did. I wound up going off the program and regaining some of weight. VERY unrealistic diet, if you ask me. Very expensive. THe neighbors who convinced me to do this diet are now selling Isogenix. And I thought Herbalife was bad
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote