3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Zumba (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/249997-zumba.html)

sheddinglbs81 01-07-2012 05:35 PM

Zumba

Does anyone know if Zumba works?

DrivenByAmbition 01-07-2012 07:28 PM

I love it. What do you mean by works?

Newmala 01-07-2012 10:10 PM

I recently bought Zumba because I've struggled with so many workout programs like Gillian Michaels biggest loser workout. I seriously don't have the attention span to do an hour workout and listen to her talk, and the music is terrible. I thought I'd try zumba. Initially i hated it because I felt like such a dork trying to learn the moves, and got frustrated when i couldnt get the steps down. But after just a few days it all started to come together and i just love it! I'm only in the first couple weeks and doing the 20 minute express video. 20 minutes is about the max my attention span lasts so its perfect. I just do it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I haven't noticed any weight loss yet but I definitely feel more energized and just generally good. We'll see on monday if I lost any weight.

MissRae03 01-13-2012 02:12 AM

I love Zumba! I have been doing it for a little over a year now. I am 300+ and I find it very enjoyable and it has increased my stamina so much. I am no longer winded and I can dance, dance, dance. Before you know it, the class is over. But, I am not sure what you mean by does it work. If you are wanting to know if you sweat, burn lots of calories and have a lot of fun... the answer is YES!!!

whatsammysaid 01-16-2012 01:46 PM

I know a few friends that dropped a lot of pounds because of zumba classes. So I believe that it works if that was the answer you were looking for.

Candeka 01-16-2012 02:00 PM

A lot of women love Zumba. Anything that keeps you working is awesome. I have it for the Wii and its amazing. I don't watch the clock like I do with other workouts because I am so focused on getting the moves right (it is fast paced). If you try your hardest to keep up, then you will work your butt off. The reason it "works" is because people ENJOY doing it, so they are more inclined to actually do the workout, as opposed to skipping it because its so boring.

Avezy44 01-16-2012 02:17 PM

Zumba is fun, I recommend going to an instructor though, they are really good about helping you out when you feel stupid and keeping you motivated. I lovveee it! My Zumba instructor is fantastic and I love dancing anyways (Don't be fooled.. I am a terrible dancer).

Avezy44 01-16-2012 02:21 PM

P.s. looking for a "workout routine" that "works" is how you end up with a workout routine that doesn't work. It's really a state of mind. If you have fun doing whatever activity it is that you decide to do, you will have no problem achieving results. Don't do it because you have to, do it because you enjoy it. I hate walking.. on treadmills or around the neighborhood. I love hiking.. so I hike. Try Zumba, if you hate it, keep looking :)

foe3643 02-15-2012 02:49 PM

Avezy44 you are so right my only problem is I hate everything!!!!! Okay that isn't true. I love Zumba but for me it will be a fad after a few weeks I will be bored and looking for that next fix. If only it was so easy for one thing to work. Or do you think I just haven't found what I truly love?

josey 02-23-2012 04:55 PM

I just signed up for a Zumba class because they offer it close to home. Not sure what I am getting into here :-)
I am not exactly dancing material ;-) but I figured I try it. Anything that burns calories!

alitorry 03-04-2012 03:37 PM

I go to a zumba class. and I love it! It doesn't feel like you're doing a run or anything, but you're getting a good workout. For me, it was a great start to begin incorporating other classes into my workout routine. Many people claim you lose weight doing it, but I think it does take healthy eating combined to lose weight consistently :)