Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #106  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi there. I took meridia a couple of years ago but not for very long because my dh and I decided to have another baby. Well I am 6 months post partum, finished breast feeding so I started taking it again. I hasn't been very long so I haven't really noticed anything yet but the first time I did lose a bit of weight, not as much as I could have because I really didn't do much with my diet and exercise but this time I am more committed to eating better and exercising.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #107  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I took it years ago too, it gave me wicked stomach pains so I stopped. I even tried it again about a month after that but the same side effects came back so I stopped.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:38 AM   #108  

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone try Meridia?

My brother is trying to get me to try Meridia. He said his friend used it and she lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks. Has NO appetite.

Anyone try this? I'm toying with the idea of taking it for a week or two to get a jump start.
mellyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #109  

I lost a ton of weight on it a few years ago, because I was never hungry and had to force myself to eat. Once I went off of it, my body was like hi remember me? You haven't fed me in months, let's eat!
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #110  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I merged your thread with a few other meridia threads out there over the years. Many people have posted their experiences in the past.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #111  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I have been on Meridia since June 2009 - prescribed by my endocrinologist after complaining about how hard a time I was having trying to lose weight and I was so focused on what I could and could not eat. She gave me a couple of 'trial' packs of the 10 mg and I tried them and WOW - what a difference! I was no longer obsessed with food and could go hours without eating. And eventually I settled into a pattern of eating less...and making some better choices.

At the time I had been going to a TOPS group and had struggled to lose 15 lbs - but the meridia sure helped speed things up and I have now (Dec 2009) lost 35 lbs. I notice things are slowing down a bit and dr had given me a prescripton for 15 mg so I just filled it the other day and I am taking that now (hoping it helps thru the holiday season).

What Meridia does is affect the satisfaction centers of the brain - so that you SHOULD be satisfied with less food! My dr said I was very lucky cuz in her experience it only worked for 25% of her patients.....not everyone could tolerate it or had any significant results. I realize the problem is not eating as much.....it is very easy to 'continue' eating - however you need to be aware of your 'satisfaction' levels and monitor them carefully.

For example I can now just eat half a sandwich for lunch, a bowl of soup or small salad w/tuna - instead of what I was normally eating. Of course it's easy to eat the other half of the sandwich but of course that may slow down your weight loss.

Meridia should always be used in conjunction with a good eating plan and exercise. Since losing 35 lbs my bp has gone down (I am on bp meds), my insulin is normal, my sugars are normal, and my cholesterol is still good. Hoping to lose at least another 25 lbs if possible but I am so happy now cuz I am getting fit and have started buying some new clothes in smaller sizes (and have given all the big clothes away).

Would love to hear others' experiences with meridia and dosages...and any side effects they encountered!

Thanks!

P.S. Luckily here in Canada my prescriptions are covered by my drug plan (80% of cost)...and I do visit my dr every 2-3 months!
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #112  
Secret Agent

S/C/G: 222.2/221/150

Height: 5'5"

Works AWESOMELY! BUT....BIG BUT, you have to work hard to maintain, or you will gain it back. Plus the expensiveness is kinda a let down. I think it is something you have to be on long term in order to keep up
alhiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:37 AM   #113  

Default Hey I am also new to this forum

I am also new to this forum. I have also started taking meridia medication to reduce my weight. I would like to share my experience with it.

Now I am also in race.
markjoetay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Apparently Meridia is now linked to an increased risk of heart attack and stroke for some patients. Here is the FDA info link posted 1/21/10.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does...ml#post3513847

Meridia has been taken off the market.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote