Weight Commander Software?

• Does anyone use the Weight Commander software?

I downloaded it for the trial and it's an interesting program. It looks pretty rudimentary, but there are a lot of sub-sections that are very informative. And I like that it gives you happy little cheers now and again.

However, after 5 days, you have to plunk down about $10 for it. I know that's not that much, but $10 to me is about a week of lunches. I'm not sure if 5 days is enough for me to know if I want it. And I'm not sure about weighing every day. (I tend to get a little...obsessive.)

So I wanted to see if anyone knew anything about it, tried it, liked it, hated it, yar yar yar.

Anyone?
  • does it have recipes or do other things? i know i can do most of that in excel, pretty easily. of course, you wouldn't get the hints and things, but the weight tracking would be super easy to do.

you could also do a low tech version using some graph paper and charting your weight on the side and the dates on the bottom.
  • I don't see a recipe section. It does have a shopping list section, a new lifestyle and a new food tip every day. It's rather amusing. Most likely, I'll wind up registering it simply because I don't have to map out the graphics in excel myself. I'm notorious for screwing up excel formulas.
  • Check out www.fitday.com It may have everything you want for free. If not, the $10 may be worth it in the long run to keep you on program.
    -L
  • WEIGHT COMMANDER is a WONDERFUL program. When you stop to think how much we waste buying things that say they're good for you that aren't really helping you at all, $10 is a small sum to be able to track youself year by year...recipes...hints...newsletter, food values etc....

Plunk it down...I did two years ago and I haven't been sorry yet!
    This topic DOES NOT belong in the SCAMS thread....

BOB
  • BOB - Please note that this is no longer the "scams" forum...

Quote:
    Buyer Beware
    Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here!
    This forum has evolved from possible scams to questions on everything from workout videos to the best choices for bathroom scales...there are so many diet products out that it gets utterly confusing to wade through everything. This forum gives people the chance to find the opinions of others...

BTW I agree with you...even though I have not actually looked at the product in question - if it's merely a program to track food intake/calorie expension and costs only $10 then why not give it a try? fitday is fine but I have found several errors in its database - for me the most glaring omission in the Fitday software is its lack of showing sugar grams as part of the carbohydrate count!
  • OH...MY...GAWD

Can you tell I never get out of the SUGAR BUSTERS corner????

My appoligies, but yes, it's a wonderful program and well worth the $10...

BOB
  • I paid my $10 for the program about a year ago and promptly gave up on losing weight. Recently, though, I've gotten started again and I am finding Weight Commander to be quite helpful--I especially like that I can also track my exercise there, including weight reps and poundage.
  • I love it, and I only use the weighing in portion.

I find it very helpful to be able to see that even tho I may have been stuck at the same weight for a while, I've come down 30 pounds altogether. I like the little chart. I like that if I gain a pound, I can still see the little boxes are generally going down so it helps me keep perspective...a little gain is just a bump in the road. I can easily look back and see where I've gained a pound before and then lost it again. And I can see how long it took to lose it.

And sometimes when you're just losing in drips and drabs here and there along the way, it's nice to look and see how those add up.

For me, I find Weight Commander very useful and I don't use 90% of the capabilities. It just REALLY helps me keep things in perspective and it helps me stay motivated.
  • I love it too. I've been using it about three year (off and on) sometimes regularly, sometimes not, but the great part it taht as long as you keep it backed up (learned that the hard way!) You can see your progress or lack of it for years at a time. My birthday was on 2/23 and when I logged on to WC the other day it sent me a message telling me what I weighted on my birthday LAST year.

Yes you can do the same things in excel or such, but for 10.00 this is the best weight related money I've ever spent, abnd believe me I've spent bundles!