Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

is that the same Basheerah that's in Jillian Micheal's workout DVDs?
Old 12-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salley View Post

Several of the claims on "Dr. Phil" have no solid foundation. There is no vegan option, and they are scrambling to write another chapter for vegans available online. The website they promised for support from their experts and other dieters is a chaotic hodgepodge. I'll be surprised if anyone "loses 30 pounds by the holidays", in less than a month!
I had to write the lady who started pink to get this:
http://exercise-prod.s3.amazonaws.co...tBasedPINK.pdf

Thats the vegetarian and vegan diet. She is vegan.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post

Hi Suzanne! Its been about forever!

14 day reset: You start with a protein/fruit/(soy, coconut or almond) milk shake in the am. There are lots of additions or variants including greek yogurt. Then unlimited veggies (cooked or raw) through out the day with veggies and 4oz protein for lunch and for dinner. You can determine how many calories you eat based on how much you choose to eat.

As a (mostly) vegetarian, I added a little bit of brown rice or quinoa to my diet (high in protein)

After the restart you up your cals by 200-500 cals and add in more starch and fruits. Its still a very pure diet. They do this so that you have the energy to work out. After 3 weeks on that you up it all again and work out much longer.

Do you give up caffeine?: No but no soda. Coffee and tea. but most soda drinkers are suffering because they did not replace the soda with other caffeine.

I have been hungry but more like an overeater hunger than a "I am not getting enough food" hunger. 90oz of water a day helps with hunger as well.

I wonder how long the program was tested before it went to market: I would be curious to know this as well but there are lots of success stories from long before I ever saw it on tv so I am assuming its been there... just now coming to the public eye.
As for me... I cheated on Saturday and had to get back on board. I struggle with eating that much meat. I was super happy when she posted the veggie version. I can eat some meat but not as much as most normal people.

I am only down 3 lbs for the week and for the reset phase it should be a bit more than that. I am fine with that. Here is to 8 more days before I get to work out... whooo hooo!!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #49  

Default Pink Method

Quote:
Originally Posted by discouraged View Post
Today I watched Dr.. Phil, and he introduced this new diet craze, and I think he said he even endorses it? They don't tell you very much about the eating part, mostly about the exercise, and the 3 dvd's of exercise. It is supposedly designed just for women, and it claims you can lose 30 lbs. by the "Holidays". It says you will lose the weight fast, and keep it off. It supposedly walks you through every step of the way, what to eat, and not eat. The gals ofcourse are all young, I am in my 50's. Has anyone tried this, or is it too new??? I would like to lose 50 lbs. for sure, for health reasons ofcourse, and my own self esteem. I hate myself right now..........
Hey all, I just got my PINK method set last week. I read through the book before I did anything in case I wanted to return it, but I do agree with the material inside of it. I can highlight some of it for you, but I think you need to read the entire book first and judge it yourself.
-First off, there is NO CALORIE COUNTING!
-I really like the book because it is like a journal that you fill out every day (takes only a couple of minutes). It gives you sample menus to eat EVERY day and record your measurements and weight loss.
-There is a chart that shows you how long you need to stay in each stage based on your weight (I'm 213 now, so I'm going to be on this for a while)
-The first stage is a reset for your body where you start the morning with a pink drink (3 to choose from). I like the one with coconut milk (or almond or hemp milk), strawberries and whey protein. For lunch you have 1 serving (size of your palm) of a light protein (there is a lot to choose from such as beef, chicken, greek yogurt, beans, etc) and as many low cal veggies as you want (Over 30 to choose from a list). You do the same thing for dinner but you can choose different foods. You do this for up to 14 days depending on your starting weight. I am currently on day 2 and have lost 2 pounds during this stage you are not exercising yet, fyi
-After the reset you start the primary where you introduce more foods from the list and slow carbs and this is where you start exercising too.
-Between each stage you go back to the reset for 4 days and then on to the next stage. I cant really remember the rest right now since I am still in the PINK reset stage.
-The thing I like about the diet is: you have more foods to choose from, you arent counting calories all the time, the workbook is cool, and its a plan for life, meaning after you reach your goal you know what types of foods to eat and YES you need to keep exercising or you will get lazy and fat again like me.
-I tried the HCG diet and I lost over 50 lbs, but because I didnt keep exercising afterwards, I didnt keep it off and I gained it all back plus 20 pounds. I think this will work better for me because it requires that I exercise often like I used to before I got fat (I gained 90 lbs during my pregnancy) and I am really looking forward to it.
-I looked at the videos and they have easier or modified versions for people who are just starting. If you want, I can keep you ladies updated with my progress Wish me luck!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 147/120

Height: 5'6

ajowens- thanks for posting the plant based version!

Mellieus- i'd love to hear your updates!

The diet itself seems like mostly low-carb. I haven't purchased the program but I'm going to follow the diet and do my own exercise program in conjunction with the recipes I've seen around the internet. I haven't tried the Pink drinks either so maybe I'm on the wrong thread?? lol

good luck with this ladies, looking forward to see how you all like the program
Old 12-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 195/189/140

Height: 5'4

Default So Far So Good!

Hi everyone! I'm a 'newbie' here and don't know what i'm doing, LOL! I started the Pink Method on December13th weighing 195 pounds...today i weigh 188 pounds So far so good! I'm still in Reset Phase for 14 days...can't wait to start Phase1. I am not hungry at all and neither tired... I'm usually a VERY slow loser, so i was quite pleasantly surprised.

I am so happy to meet all of you, and look forward to getting to know you better. Now i will go explore this board and try to get more aquainted with it as too!!

Wishing good luck to all on this weight loss journey!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #52  
P.I.N.K

Hi, I have the P.I.N.K Program and so far I like it. It give a lot of 'self' monitoring. You journal etc

There is a Vegan program which was in the original book but not specifically laid out so she wrote it into a chapter for those that could not figure out they did not have to eat meat and there were plenty of other options on the list.

Not sure why Dr. Phil is getting a bad rap on this...his was not the only show it was on.

Could you do this on your own...yep...but I am a very visual person and love the book and it is cute too. I just decided to spend the money because I just needed something different, fresh and motivating.

The Reset is the most restrictive and not really "Low Carb" You have fruit etc.

The workouts are not 'easy' or really beginner level.

Meat and Poultry (2 servings /day)
Beef (Lean Cuts Only)
Canadian Bacon
Chicken Breast (no skin)
Chicken Thighs (no skin)
Cornish Game Hen (no skin)
Eggs (1 Egg or 4 Egg Whites)
Lamb
Pork Chops/Loin
Turkey Breast (no skin)
Turkey, Ground – Lean

Fish and Shellfish
Tuna
Sardines (packed in water, mustard, tomato)
Almost all Fish
Shrimp
Lobster
Scallops
Salmon

Dairy Proteins
NF Greek Yogurt (6 OZ)
LF Cottage Cheese (1/2 Cup)
Almond Milk, Rice Milk, Coconut Milk, Hemp Milk (1 Cup)

Plant Based Proteins - HELLO...PLANT BASED Proteins if you don't want to eat meat!
Beans and Legumes (1/2 Cup)
Brown Rice (1/2 Cup)
Quinoa (1/2 Cup)
Hemp Powder
Nuts
Pea Protein Powder
Seeds
Tempeh
Tofu (organic only)

Low Calorie Veggies – Unlimited

Tomato Juice
Spaghetti Sauce (no sugar)

Use Veggie Spray
2 T Low Calorie Dressing (less than 80 calories/tablespoon)
Reduced Fat Mayo – up t 2T daily (less than 50 calories/tablespoon)
Spices and Other
Apple Cider Vinegar
Balsamic Vinegar
All Spices
Raw Soy Sauce
Braggs Amino
Stevia

(She said the recipes are just a guideline ~ adjust to your liking but stay within the basic blueprint)

Smoothies (you can sub different fruits/powders) Right now I am using Whey Protein Powder and Almond Milk for all and adding 3T Hemp Seeds)
1 C Almond, Coconut, Hemp or Rice Milk (under 100 cals/cup)
1 Scoop Whey Protein Powder (Hemp, Natural Whey, Pea – no Soy)
1 Cup Frozen Strawberries (or whatever berries you want)

1 C Coconut Water (under 100 cals/cup)
1 Scoop (2 T) Hemp Powder (Hemp, Natural Whey, Pea – no Soy)
12 Frozen Strawberries (or whatever berries you want)
1 Raw Carrot
1 Handful Raw Spinach (I am using Kale this week)
½ Small Raw Beet
1 Medjool Date (not in mine J)

1 C Coconut Milk or Almond Milk (under 100 cals/cup)
1 Scoop (2 T) Hemp Powder (Hemp, Natural Whey, Pea – no Soy)
10 Frozen Strawberries (or whatever berries you want)
1 Banana
1 Handful Raw Spinach (I am using Kale)
½ Small Raw Beet
½ Lime Juiced
Liquid Stevia (if needed) - I don't add

Last edited by mwallace29; 12-19-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #53  
P.I.N.K

Oh...and I learned today...I really do not like Hemp Powder I put hemp seeds in my smoothies and always have...but no powder for me. I will stick with natural whey!

...I believe a person needs to educate themselves on any plan you choose to do. There are hundreds of them...Atkins, South Beach, Lean for Life, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig....and oh so many more. I don't think anyone needs to be judgmental of any plan someone chooses to do.

Pick what works for you and run with it. I liked PINK because it is more about the exercise. The food plan promotes natural, organic, unprocessed foods. No Crap. I think it is easy because I can pick a few foods of the lists and make any recipe I want...if you don't want to be creative....follow the sample menus. Simple as that. No calorie counting and no Crap....easy. I keep hearing 900 - 1200 cals...simply not true. It depends one what you eat and what you choose for snacks etc based on your hunger. I was very happy to have the RESET phase just to get my **** together and regroup myself and get used to eating really healthy foods again. Then add some good carbs in Phase 1 and do some good workouts.

As far as the VIP site...it stinks but there is some good info. There are a couple of great facebook pages starting up...I think many sites like 3fatchicks would add a section if it was requested....why not. What kills me is the people that claim the program does this or says that and they don't even own the book...or worse yet...they own it but never read the dam thing and they just start posting answers to questions like they wrote the program themselves. LEARN IT - DO IT and then you can comment, answer questions and toud to be the pro!

We all are after one goal...be healthy and live life.

Last edited by mwallace29; 12-19-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 195/189/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwallace29 View Post
Oh...and I learned today...I really do not like Hemp Powder I put hemp seeds in my smoothies and always have...but no powder for me. I will stick with natural whey!

...I believe a person needs to educate themselves on any plan you choose to do. There are hundreds of them...Atkins, South Beach, Lean for Life, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig....and oh so many more. I don't think anyone needs to be judgmental of any plan someone chooses to do.

Pick what works for you and run with it. I liked PINK because it is more about the exercise. The food plan promotes natural, organic, unprocessed foods. No Crap. I think it is easy because I can pick a few foods of the lists and make any recipe I want...if you don't want to be creative....follow the sample menus. Simple as that. No calorie counting and no Crap....easy. I keep hearing 900 - 1200 cals...simply not true. It depends one what you eat and what you choose for snacks etc based on your hunger. I was very happy to have the RESET phase just to get my **** together and regroup myself and get used to eating really healthy foods again. Then add some good carbs in Phase 1 and do some good workouts.

As far as the VIP site...it stinks but there is some good info. There are a couple of great facebook pages starting up...I think many sites like 3fatchicks would add a section if it was requested....why not. What kills me is the people that claim the program does this or says that and they don't even own the book...or worse yet...they own it but never read the dam thing and they just start posting answers to questions like they wrote the program themselves. LEARN IT - DO IT and then you can comment, answer questions and toud to be the pro!

We all are after one goal...be healthy and live life.

Ditto Mary...love what you said! Thank you for the food visual. I just finished my last meal for the day (Tilapia, Spinach, Broccoli). Also, i didn't know we could eat fruit while doing Reset? Still feeling pretty good Ok, off to bed to get ready for tomorrow! Meant to say in my earlier post, i now weigh 189 pounds now, not 188. Also, forgot to signoff with my name, lol!

Cindy
Old 12-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #55  
P.I.N.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfatforlong254 View Post
Ditto Mary...love what you said! Thank you for the food visual. I just finished my last meal for the day (Tilapia, Spinach, Broccoli). Also, i didn't know we could eat fruit while doing Reset? Still feeling pretty good Ok, off to bed to get ready for tomorrow! Meant to say in my earlier post, i now weigh 189 pounds now, not 188. Also, forgot to signoff with my name, lol!

Cindy
Only in your smoothie for Reset But you don't have to just do strawberries. You can do a variety.

I had a couple of days I went up and down. I suppose I should not weigh daily, but I always have and I don't let an up day get to me unless it is going up and up and up

Your dinner sounds great! I made baked turkey cutlets and I roasted a mix of carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, onions, red peppers. I threw a couple of baby potatoes in there for my husband. Served it with a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar. It was yummy!

I eat mainly raw veggies during the day but for dinner it seems like the roasted or cooked veggies are much more satisfying. Maybe because it is so cold here.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #56  

Default hELLO

Hi Ladies. So here I am on day 18. I believe I have done well so far with PINK. I really enjoy the workouts. One question that I have that my friend and I have asked on the VIP site, no answer....but why is there cheese restrictions throughout the plan. I have been doing pretty well so far, but sure miss cheese. Also, I asked on this site, but not sure in that group if anyone responded...but why do you weigh yourself everyday? IT seems to me that I would get discouraged so fast if I did that. I am so scared of the scale I do not know how to express this over typing. I know I have lost 2 1/2 inches in my waist, 2 in inmy arms, 1-2 in my thighs, and I do feel so much lighter, but I am scared to weigh so often. I was just wondering if people do it for keeping themselves accountable or what. Anywho, I know I've lost at least 5 lbs, and am weighing tom night. I get so excited for my PINK drink everyday after my workout. Well, hope all is going good for you ladies no matter what your doing. Hey...at least we are all ahead of the game, and choosing a life style healthy change God Bless!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #57  

by the way, I love having soups, the light ones with low sodium and chicken and veggies. And in phase one you can have the soup with brown rice, its soooo good
Old 12-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #58  
P.I.N.K

Not sure on the Cheese thing...

But, on her webcast she stressed this is your base blueprint and you need to make it work for you. We buy RF or LF Cheese for my husband, I guess I would not hesitate to use a little if I felt like it. I also allow myself a glass of red wine once in awhile. (Not on the reset phase I wouldn't)

I look at this is my lifestyle and this is how I will eat forever ~ I better like it
Old 12-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #59  

Default P.I.N.K. Method

I'm looking forward to getting my P.I.N.K Method. My Christmas gift to myself. I'm 62 and weigh 238 - lots to lose. I have decided that I must commit to getting healthy or die. The reason I chose this method is of course Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz shows. I do believe that you have to incorporate exercise with diet. I'm been in TOPS for at least 2 years and while I see others lose weight, it has become a social thing for me. I have made lots of new friends that I love and that's the only reason I go there, to see the girls. Um, my husband says, $6 a month for dues, $26 for yearly membership and lunch every Monday. Hm, that must cost you about $1,500 a year (LOL) and no weight loss. Time to re-evaluate. I think the hardest part of any diet is making the commitment to do it. I am determined to do this. Wish me luck in 2012. I have a lot to lose and am looking forward to getting healthy!
Old 12-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #60  

You can do it. I, too, am 62 and have lost down from 195 to 150 but it has taken awhile. I stick to intuitive eating, between hunger and satisfaction. I eat much less than I used to. For example a happy meal instead of a big and tasty meal.
Closed Thread