Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

Jolina- your post cracked me up and I totally agree with everything you said in it!

I don't mean to be a bummer, and if this PINK thing has some good exercise videos and recipes to go with it, maybe it is a great plan, I just think it's a much simpler equation than we all want it to be. You CAN lose weight fast with calorie counting. There are a LOT of people on these boards who have lost 100 lbs in about a year. But when I have a strict "Eat this for breakfast, eat this for lunch, eat this for dinner" diet, I can't stick with it for whatever reason (be it will power or just being in a situation where my diet food is not available) and I feel like I've failed. With calorie counting, even if the only thing that is available to me is chocolate cake, I can still eat some and make room for it in my calorie budget for the day and be on plan.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #17  

Ya the post cracked me up too, using the same format as my lil review, trying to be a smart butt. But oh well...I was just saying I have been the queen of fad diets myself, even joking about myself. I was just answering questions for those who were curious...so it was a quick silly review. Like I said...I didn't pay for it...I have a free lil calorie counter too called myfitness pal or even a calculater, turning labels around. So ya, I agree with EVERYONE...you can TOTALLY lose weight without buying these products, I was simply letting people know because of how new it was. So to answer another question that someone asked..a Pink drink is 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup almond or coconut milk, and 1 scoop of whey protein. There are like 3 pink shakes..another one is made with spinach, beets and another liquid (i think almond milk? or coconut again)...so it pretty much replaces breakfast during the reset...and eventually you will have the pink drink after workouts when they begin. Take care all...hope there's not much to make fun of... Im trying to lose weight too....
Old 12-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

vbudafly- I didn't think she was making fun of you! I just thought it was funny when she said she didn't want to lose weight too fast and have her boobs end up like two shriveled prunes! I think it's great that you're helping everyone get info that they wanted.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:21 AM   #19  

thank you. I have just felt crappy lately, and am so excited to just get this last weight off. I know with my crazy little self I need some strictness....you should have seen me on my birthday weekend....I had lost like 10lbs well maybe 8ish lol..and I wanted to celebrate with my husband..and he drove me to crackerbarrel and wow..that was a mistake...so guilt and weekend vacation kept on going...that was Oct 8-10th, lol so from there til this past month I have felt gross...because I have been eating out more than ever. So anyways...sorry for any grumpiness..I just need support too....trying something ELSE new lol...but even if this didn't work like my friend imagines, I am in the "IN" game no matter what..and I feel great these past 3 days....been strict...but feel good...and know this determination is like my first big, "Lets do this attitude." I guess this attitude always comes to me when I am not working to.."lose weight for my bday, or for a date, blah blah," so now I have nothing to lose for but my health, self, good feeling, and feeling better taking off my shirt infront of my own husband...cause my insecurity is pathetic...so now I already feel better this day 3..woot woot I hope and pray we all reach our goals and even go beyond. What kind of exercise you gals doing? I found some cool videos (some oldies)..like streaming ones.. hooked my hdmi cord...from my laptop to t.v.on netflix...so I thought that was cool. Anyways...take care
Old 12-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #20  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Quote:
another one is made with spinach, beets and another liquid (i think almond milk? or coconut again)
That reminds me of green smoothies!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #21  
it's always something

I've not seen the plan and I didn't see them on TV. But by looking at their website, it looks pretty sound! I like that they let you know how important exercise is and don't just promise quick weight loss that's "easy". They also seem to have a sound and nutritious diet plan that stresses the importance of vegetables, and they have options for vegans as well. The pink drinks sound exactly like what has been going in my blender for years I don't see any references to wacky supplements or bogus pills on their website which is a rarity today in the world of diet gimmicks.

My only question would be about their exercise plan. I haven't seen the workout, but the quick clip of phase 1 makes it appear that the plan was designed for overweight people but may not be suitable for the obese or very obese. I'd like to know if they have multiple people in the videos with one offering easier moves for those that are not ready for the faster moves yet or that may need to avoid impact or may be dangerous for their knees and ankles.

I had prepared myself to cringe before checking the price but I think $68 sounds fair for 4 exercise DVDs and a 240 page book.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #22  

Another breand newbie here. I too found it by googling the pink method for reviews and found this site. At first I was excited to find this website. But then reading what people said on this thread (and I too felt that the post was snarky about the review because it wasn't conventional) and the tone I was skeptical but then I decided it could just be me and maybe I just had a bad day and just not feeling happy to see things for what they are. SO I am hoping this site isn't a my diet is better then yours.

With that said for those that do want some more info go to youtube and put in pink method VIP this awesome lady is doing it and reviewing it. The website as she shows looks really awesome and is included in the price of the package. NO extra fees for it. I have tried everything even (gasp) gastric bypass and due to many excuses have even failed at that. I need something to get me back to what gastric bypass taught me ... mainly how to eat right (to me sadly it is not like riding a bike) and to not have the freedom in eating because I can't calorie count. I just simply make poor choices and I am hoping this will get me back on track and with a help with some cycle behavioral work i can be successful.

Thank you for letting me have this long post and I do look forward at the chance to meet some supportive people.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #23  
it's always something

Welcome newbies! We look forward to hearing about your experiences with this product.

Good luck!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:54 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 147/120

Height: 5'6

I saw this on Dr Phil too and it looked like a cool program, not necessary for weight loss of course but something to get you motivated.

Just browsing around the website and it might be worth buying just for the recipes! There are some pics under the "Media" tab. (not a PINK marketer here! lol) the pasta looks soo good and the fake sushi rolls are so cute too.

Anyone whose got the program- how are the other recipes in the book? I'm always looking for new, interesting stuff to make and these look super healthy and lots of veggies too.

Good luck to all you guys!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:30 AM   #25  

Ok i also am new but actually have cime to this website many many times to get new recipes excetra and now i just wanted to say something small, i just bought the pink method and really wanted to buy it mainly for the recipes ect. And was hoping that once i paid they would give me instant acces to the wesite so i can start while i was waiting, so far i have nothing in my email except thanks for my money not very good start, i only was interested to try cause yoy can track everything online and ut sounded real good, but now that i have paid; where is this website. It doesnt seem very organized for helping people more just taking the money and now i have to wait anyway i will be glad to share what i get with the rest of you and like another has stated earlier, 30 day money back, so i am aiming slow or high im.not sure but i want to loose 10 pounds in 30 days or at least feel like i did...but just one more thing for all the sceptics, i m going to stay beleiving that if you want something to work it will, so i am going to be true to myself for the next 30 days to see if i see improvement...
Old 12-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #26  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

For those taking offense to the "newbie bashing" post (which it wasn't AT ALL), you must understand a few things.

First, this kind of thing happens very frequently. People marketing their new "product" go on a forum such as this, pretend to be people who need the product/bought and loved it, thus scamming other members on the forum into buying it.

Next, the most obvious way is when they post about their product, then all of a sudden a bunch of other brand new members pop up talking about it as well.

Granted, it seems that you ladies seem genuine and not out to market a product, but surely you can see why anyone would wonder if that wasn't what was going on, right? I mean, this is a brand new thread and in this one thread alone we have already 5 (I believe) newbies.

Please ladies. This forum has a reputation for being very welcoming and we all keep a sense of friendship around here. Let's not bicker.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

I have been a member with 3 fc for a long time and I feel comfortable with the basis of most of the diets on here but pink feels different to me.

The core of it is high protien and fiber.

I am 178 and my estimated caloric intake will be 1550. that's more than I have allotted myself in the past.

The first 14 days (for me) consists of primarily a south beachnlike diet with limmited starches. Then i can introduce more quinoa and brown rice back in. It's not as strict as sb. Lots of fruit in your morning smoothy.

The thing that makes this different for me is the workouts. I have done diets with 30ds or other videos but this is a complete program. Three DVDs are 3 levels and it come with many bonus workouts like abs, yoga, palates and more.

So far from my research and day 1 this has serious potential. I am only half way into the journal but I get he just of it.

I would love to start a forum for others using it to support each other.

Amanda
Old 12-08-2011, 01:03 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

I forgot to add that the workouts include cardio, weight wring training for toning and a lot of using you own weight to build stregth in the first phase. You work out every day and it says to set aside 30-60 minutes for the workouts. It also stresses the need to eat all of your calories so that you have the proper fuel. I like this....

Let's see after 1 week of working out. Hopefully I come back and still like it.

Last edited by ajowens; 12-08-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 248/183/150

Height: 5' 6"

I purchased the program, and decided it's not a good fit for me, so am looking forward to a refund.

The food is healthy. There are many, many people who have started the program (it's only a few days old) and complain of severe headaches and constant hunger. Some of the people are losing weight already on the beginning phase of the diet, the Reset, which is too low in calories to exercise during (900-1200). Exercise starts in the second phase, and calories are upped (1200-1400). The beginning exercise is supposed to be 20 minutes long, and help you work up to the more strenuous exercise. I find it unrealistic.

Several of the claims on "Dr. Phil" have no solid foundation. There is no vegan option, and they are scrambling to write another chapter for vegans available online. The website they promised for support from their experts and other dieters is a chaotic hodgepodge. I'll be surprised if anyone "loses 30 pounds by the holidays", in less than a month!

The attraction to many seems to be that it's new, and all these people get to start it together while it's fresh. A lot of the people there say they like to try every new diet that comes along to ease the boredom of their last diet, and introduce new motivation.

I'm sticking with counting calories (for all the reasons Jolina mentioned), continuing the physical ativity that works for me, and promise myself not to get get distracted by the next shiney, new diet!

I think this diet might work well for people under 40 who are overweight, but not obese.

Last edited by Salley; 12-08-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #30  
it's always something

Salley, thank you for the review! May I ask a couple of questions?

You said the program begins at 900-1200 calories. Are the calorie levels the same for everyone, or are they based on beginning weight? For example, someone beginning a diet at 350lb should consume considerably more calories than that, and decrease gradually as needed.

I noticed ajowens said she gets 1550 calories and she weighs 180lb. Do you increase after so many days? How long does Phase 1 last? Are there different programs to choose from?

Do you give up caffeine? If so, that could explain the headaches though they should pass within a week or two. The hunger is worrisome, as a balanced diet filled with the right foods shouldn't leave you that hungry. A little hunger is fine, but there are a lot of foods that are high volume and low calorie that should help.

I wonder how long the program was tested before it went to market.
Closed Thread