**********??

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was wondering if anyone here has actually TRIED ********** (as opposed to being a beachbody coach?). I absolutely love the beachbody videos, but am having trouble justifying spending that much money on them. I really want to try them, but don't want to spend 120$$ on something that doesn't work!!
  • Define 'work'. They are an overpriced protein shake. I wouldn't use them myself. Although the taste can sometimes leave much to be desired, I prefer hemp protein. Protein powders really meant for convenience and you can lose weight without them. It depends on your goals on why you'd add them to your diet.
  • I thought about trying it too, but I decided to go the cheaper route and got GNC Lean Shake 25 ($40?) and have been very satisfied with it so far. I'm using it to keep me honest - meaning break my snacking and at-desk eating.
  • ********** seems overpriced to me... i use whey protein and just blend it with fruits, veggies, some almond or coconut milk..... i dont' think you get anything extra out of ********** that you couldn't get out of a multivitamin....
  • I have tried the ********** in Chocolate and Greenberry and found then UNDRINKABLE. they are too thick, have an unnatural sweet taste and have a horrible grassy aftertaste. They may work if you can actually drink them. I couldn't even with some "recipes" to make them more palatable.
  • I tried the chocolate one and it wasn't bad. I don't think they are worth the money though.
  • I've never tried them I wouldn't pay that much. I just use whey protein. I use it after wrkouts or as a snack to keep me from wanting to snack throughout the day.
  • I have found the chocolate version of ********** to be very good and tasty. I add a few blueberries and blackberries, sunflower seeds, a splash of coffee and then skim milk. If I want decadent, I add a tablespoon of super crunchy peanut butter! It makes a great meal substitute at about 220 calories (w/o the peanut butter).

It is pricey but very high quality ingredients. BTW, I am not a BeachBody coach or affiliated with them in any way...just like their products!
  • My sister is a TurboFire fanatic. She bought ********** and hated it... She gave it to me, so I'll be trying it soon... I'll definitely report back to here after I try it!!!
  • Hey there. I tried ********** on saturday.
    I didn't try it plain however, I mixed it with coffee, milk, and a little bit of liquid Irish Creme coffee creamer. It was delicious!
  • Can somebody explain to me what exactly ********** is please?
  • I was wondering about ********** also. But I just cant see spending $120 for only a 1 month supply. I wonder if the slimfast shake are the same. Tday I just tried out a new smoothie recipe. It has kale in it (super healthy) mangos, banana, and pear along with some water and ice. Its actually not that bad! I would prefer it to be a little sweeter though so I think next time I'll add a little vanilla extract.
  • Slimfast is the perfect alternative to **********. My wife and I both use from time to time as a meal replacement. I like the chocolate powder and she likes the vanilla pre-mix. And of course, it's much cheaper than **********.

********** does have some additional micronutrients from some exotic fruits and plants that Slimfast doesn't have...adds to the antioxidant and phytochemical benefits but also to the cost.
  • Hi all! I'm new here, and just started ********** 3 days ago. I had to jump in when I read the comparisons to Slimfast. Slimfast is *not* a good alternative to **********, or food for that matter! Slimfast is full of sugar- 34 grams (more than a Hershey bar), and only 10 grams of protein. It's sweetened with Aspartame and something called Acesulfame Potassium(???), and flavored with 'artificial flavors'. Not to mention a lot of other additives...not good for you.

For a cheaper alternative you would be better off with a smoothie made of plain yogurt with fruit, flax seeds, and flavors of your own choosing! At least then you would know what was in it!

I don't know if ********** will live up to the hype, but it is very filling and I have used it to replace dinner. I lost 40 lbs this past year with P90X and counting calories on Sparkpeople (free!), and just have that last 25 lbs to go!! I hit a plateau and have been stuck for a couple of months, so thought this would jump-start things again...we'll see!!
    Good luck everyone!
  • Not sure where you are getting your numbers from re: Slimfast vs. **********.

Reading the nutrition facts for a Slimfast Cappuccino Shake (premixed with skim milk), it shows sugar at 18 grams, protein at 10 grams and total calories at 190.

Looking at the official nutrition label for **********, likewise mixed with skim milk for a fair comparison, show sugar at 21 grams, protein at 26 grams and total calories at 230.

Another comparison is cost:
    Slimfast at about $2.50 per serving vs. ********** at about $4.00 per serving