Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190

Height: 5'8

Cool hcg

has anyone tried the HCG drops? Have to stay on a 500 calories a day diet, hummm think you would lose weight anyway. I ordered them but haven't received them yet. I was always slender to mid-late 40s. A little weight gain I expected but I can't keep gaining weight. I work out 4-5 times a week. My diet....shaky at times! I try to eat healthy. : ) I have thyroid nodules since I was in my late 20's and take synthroid but weighed from 110-130 at the most so I can't blame the thyroid. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

I have always wondered about that too but haven't tried them. I've heard that OTC hcg is much different from that in a doctor's office, and the whole thing is controversial although I just heard it mentioned positively regarding testosterone generation!!! Yikes!

But you're right, 500 calories a day will make just about anyone lose weight. Twice in my life (I'm 51) I've lost weight quickly on diet between 550-1,000 calories a day (for four weeks) and both times the weight stayed off for 10 years. Obviously this is going to backfire for a time period much longer than that from boredom and frustration. But I chose the lowest-calorie veg and animal proteins along with a small amount of fruit and very small amount of whole grains and tiny amount of healthy fat, and I was quite frankly stuffed and full of energy as I was eating far more whole and raw foods than usual. It kinda taught me which foods are healthful, ironically. You can eat a LOT of veg for a couple hundred calories!

I lost 25 lbs each time and it stayed off for years. The quick weight loss was really encouraging, and I am fairly sure I got all the necessary amounts of carbs, protein and fiber. However, with any kind of thyroid disorder I would ask an endocronologist for guidance. You will certainly lose weight with 1200-1600 cals, I would think. I like Jillian Michaels' strategy of cal counting and tracking cals burned -- and also the lifestyle lessons of the WW points plus system.

I think the super low-cal diet is really only good for the last few "vanity pounds" as Jillian puts it and wouldn't advise it until then if at all. And although I don't know enough about HCG to comment intelligently, I have heard it referred to as a fad diet. I wonder if your thyroid condition has changed at all?

Last edited by crimsons; 10-27-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ons-plans.html
Closed Thread