3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Does it Work?

Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #16
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

I bought some, having heard about it. Only took it once. In pill form, it can get stuck in the throat and cause horrible damage. And like another user said, it can strip enamel, and cause the stomac to have problems as well. It is an acid, and taking it straight is risky.

"Undiluted apple cider vinegar, in liquid or pill form, may damage the esophagus and other parts of the digestive tract. Apple cider vinegar drinks may damage tooth enamel if sipped."

"Excessive doses of apple cider vinegar have been found to cause damage to the stomach, duodenum, and liver in animals."

"One case report linked excessive apple cider vinegar consumption with low blood potassium levels (hypokalemia) and low bone mineral density. People with osteoporosis, low potassium levels, and those taking potassium-lowering medications should use caution."

Link provides this info, and more, including the possible benefits:
http://altmedicine.about.com/od/appl...cidervineg.htm
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:38 AM   #17

Hey,

I too have heard about acv being beneficial for weight loss. but at the same time one needs to be cautious about its usage. Taking it in excess for faster weight loss won't help, on the contrary it could be harmful.
chloe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:02 PM   #18
Big Fan of Keto and IF

S/C/G: 333/253/166

Height: 5'7"

I can't say its helped me lose weight, but it definitely reduces my joint pain. I take a tablespoon in water after eating. When I run out or miss it, I can feel it a day or two later. Starting back up my joints are fine again.
Jan313 is offline   Reply With Quote