Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/128/120

Height: 5'3

Red face 7 day fast loss kit from GNC. Anyone tried it?

I just orderd the 7 day fast loss kit. Any opinions on it? Also until it gets here im portioning my meals. Like alot of healthy snacks through my day not really actual meals. and light workouts after my kids go to bed.
Hope it works.
YoungMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #2  
Drpurl

S/C/G: 165/154/135

Height: 5"5

I tried that one but I got a bad case of the jitters...
drpurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Sounds really lame. What is the big rush?
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/128/120

Height: 5'3

No major rush, just tired of having some baby weight left over and want it gone. Ive waited 5 months i thought now was the time to do something about it! lol
YoungMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #5  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Any diet that lasts seven days and promises big results is simply lying.

Dispite what any marketing pitch is going to say fat loss comes from calorie restriction. So if you decided to not eat for seven days and lived to tell about it you would not lose much fat at your size. If your maintinence is about 1800 calories you would lose about 3 lbs of fat, 2 lbs of muscle, and 5-6 lbs of water. As soon as you start eating again you would regain all of the water and 1-2 lbs of the fat.

Find a more sustainable dietary plan and start lifting weights. You'll hit your goal in 120 days or less.

Last edited by JohnP; 04-13-2011 at 03:26 PM.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm currently trying the 7 day fast loss from GNC, and I have to say....so far I'm impressed! Not because I really think it's doing anything magic, but it has given me freedom from tracking my calories and always thinking about food. It tells me what to eat, so I don't have to think about it. At all. I'm still getting my 1400+ calories, but I have not been preoccupied with food. So far it has been like hitting a "reset" button on the way I had been thinking about my eating. I haven't felt jittery at all. I just needed a break from obsessing about calories and not feel like I'm totally of the wagon....
flippychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/194/145

Height: 5'4"

We've heard of hunger strikes, right? People can go days without eating, and they will not die, geez LOL

I agree with finding a sustainable diet plan/life change that works for you, but I do know that sometimes getting a couple of pounds off quick really does help motivate you to eat better and lose weight, because you finally feel in control and like you can do it! Whatever works for you. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
fatsincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

Just keep in mind that we should focus on INCHES lost (or gained if you are trying to build up certain areas) rather than weight.

I have starved myself before to make weigh ins. I drank ONE slim fast shake a day and some V8. I lost ten pounds in five days. So what, I gained it ALL back and then some.

I have changed my mindset on life. I would rather lose a pound the right way and never see it again than lose a quick five pounds and see it come back with friends!

Good luck with your diet though.
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'7"

It's definitely not like starvation. I can hardly finish my meals. You only do one meal replacement per day - so you're always eating 2 meals a day, plus 2 snacks. I'm on day 5, and so far no side effects at all. Other than feeling full, which I love. I've lost exactly 1 pound so far, which I don't think seems like an unreasonable amount for five days. It was worth the $$ to not be thinking about food all the time....
flippychick is offline   Reply With Quote