Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #16  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Ok, amandie, now I want to know! WHAT did you think ??? ;-)
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #17  

Height: 5'5

I started this last month, Not at often as I probably should. I don't know if it's doing anything for my lymph system, cellulite or stretch marks, but it makes my skin amazingly smooth and younger looking. I was starting to get just a touch of crepey skin on my arms and it is gone. I swear my skin is more glisteny.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #18  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

I definitely think it helps with cellulite! It also feels great
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #19  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Josey- thought it was a question of whether or not to brush your hair if it's dry. Bwahaha.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 254/233/173

Height: 5'4"

I'm a big fan of dry brushing! It was recommended to me by my doctor for general detox. At first I found it a bit uncomfortable, but continued because I was "supposed to". But now I LOVE it. My skin tends to be on the dry side and now it looks much better. I'm not sure if it helps with cellulite or loose skin reduction, but fingers crossed
osaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

wow! thanks for all the great posts! i should try to find a good brush and start this. so looking forward to it.
Does it matter if you do it morning or night? i always shower in the morning when i wake up... would my lymphatic system be "sleeping" still when i do this and require a longer brushing?
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #22  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

They suggest you do it after being sedentary for long periods (like sleeping, getting off a plane, etc), as it is those times that the lymph system most needs stimulating. But really I would say whenever it can be easiest folded into your routine.

Also - the instructions someone gave have a common 'mistake'. I dont know which is technically right so I put mistake in quotes...but I have been specifically told NOT to start at the extremities.

You should start by activating the big nodes, ala the left armpit (which processes 75% of your entire lymphatic drainage), then breast/tummy area, then right over the leg/hip joint, then behind the knees and THEN from the extremities toward the heart.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Well, let me just say- my skin feels amazing. It's only been 4 or 5 days since I started, and I can already tell a difference. Just with how it feels. Normally I have these little bumps on my arms, up above my elbows. I still have some on my left arm, but they've cleared up quite a bit. I put cocoa lotion on after, and one night I even put a little virgin olive oil in the bath- my skin feels fantastic. I've been doing it every day, but I don't normally shower this much. Even if I'm not showering that day, I still dry brush my thighs, arms, and...er..butt area. :P And I do it whenever I'm about to shower. Mostly at night, but I did shower this morning so I did it before that.

Even if it doesn't do any other claims, the looking and feeling better part is good enough for me! But I have to wonder- can you dry brush on the face? My facial skin is terrible. So dry and bumpy and not-nice-looking. Obviously I wouldn't use the big brush I'm using for my body, but can you dry brush the face, or is the skin too sensitive?

Last edited by yhahmd; 04-13-2011 at 12:16 PM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xty View Post
They suggest you do it after being sedentary for long periods (like sleeping, getting off a plane, etc), as it is those times that the lymph system most needs stimulating. But really I would say whenever it can be easiest folded into your routine.

Also - the instructions someone gave have a common 'mistake'. I dont know which is technically right so I put mistake in quotes...but I have been specifically told NOT to start at the extremities.
You should start by activating the big nodes, ala the left armpit (which processes 75% of your entire lymphatic drainage), then breast/tummy area, then right over the leg/hip joint, then behind the knees and THEN from the extremities toward the heart.
Whoops! Guess I've been doing it backwards. I start at the feet, do the legs next, then stomach, arms, back, chest. That's what all the sites I saw said- I'll check the one out you posted though!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #25  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

One more question. I didn't start yesterday after all because I got thinking... I do the loofah in the shower and it feels great. I wasn't sure though if I dry brush before taking a shower, would that be overdoing it??
Is somebody else doing loofah and dry brushing?
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #26  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhahmd View Post
Well, let me just say- my skin feels amazing. It's only been 4 or 5 days since I started, and I can already tell a difference. Just with how it feels. Normally I have these little bumps on my arms, up above my elbows. I still have some on my left arm, but they've cleared up quite a bit. I put cocoa lotion on after, and one night I even put a little virgin olive oil in the bath- my skin feels fantastic. I've been doing it every day, but I don't normally shower this much. Even if I'm not showering that day, I still dry brush my thighs, arms, and...er..butt area. :P And I do it whenever I'm about to shower. Mostly at night, but I did shower this morning so I did it before that.

Even if it doesn't do any other claims, the looking and feeling better part is good enough for me! But I have to wonder- can you dry brush on the face? My facial skin is terrible. So dry and bumpy and not-nice-looking. Obviously I wouldn't use the big brush I'm using for my body, but can you dry brush the face, or is the skin too sensitive?
I wouldn't do it to the face. There are gentler exfoliating ways!
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl2Day View Post
I wouldn't do it to the face. There are gentler exfoliating ways!
I've tried a few other ways, but nothing seems to work. My face looks/feels gross, while my body looks/feels good. Any suggestions?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

you can get beaded exfoliates like facial washes. I use a chanel one (from their green line) and they told me there were crushed oysters in there. you can really feel the grainy when you rub it on your face and it makes my face feel silky smooth after wards. its a little on the expensive side though but it lasts me a long time because i always forget to use it! lol
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #29  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

There are lymphatic drainage techniques you can do on your face but they are NOT related to dry brushing. That skin is too delicate.

It basically just involves a light type of facial massage to get the lymph fluid moving. I dont have face puffiness so I dont remember the technique but it just involves a light sweeping motion from middle of forehead down around eyes, down cheeks toward the chin.

But no def not an exfoliation technique
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #30  
Queen of My Universe

S/C/G: 262

Height: 5'6"

I dry brush, I read it in as book to raise your energy.. The instructions had you pay special attention to brushing gland areas, like neck, armpits...I do it after I exercise, before I shower.. I have dry skin, but also chemically sensitive skin, so don't like to put a lot of stuff on..
I like it, it makes my skin really soft, and then I put almond oil on after shower...
I still have stretch marks though.
GreyerJane is offline   Reply With Quote