3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Cellulite cream and self tanners? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/228771-cellulite-cream-self-tanners.html)

Lisa1971 03-24-2011 09:17 AM

Cellulite cream and self tanners?

Can anyone recommend a good cellulite cream? I know it will never make it disappear fully, I just would like something to help with the appearance. I don't mind paying for it, as long as it works. I lost weight, but not the cellulite on the backs of my thighs. I've tried Avon and it was good but I think they changed the formula or something. :?:

Also, I spent too many years tanning and now have the wrinkles to show for it. I'd like to try self tanner but everything still looks fake to me. I tried the moisturizers like Jergens and Olay that gradually tan you but even they looked a bit strange on me. Has anyone tried the Tan Towels they sell on the home shopping networks?

Thanks!

beerab 03-24-2011 09:47 AM

From my understanding just using any lotion with Vitamin E will help your skin- it's the actual rubbing of the lotion into the skin that helps with the cellulite- so spend a few minutes a day rubbing lotion into your skin :)

Darby1 03-24-2011 10:03 AM

I'm very fair and every once in a while I get it into my head to try self tanner. The best one I've found is St. Tropez. It has the most natural color in my opinion.

k8yk 03-24-2011 12:36 PM

I actually love the Jergens daily moisturizer gradual tanner. It doesn't look quite the same as a real tan- but it's close. And I like the way it smells and feels.

bleujean 03-24-2011 10:46 PM

I love the Nivea Goodbye Cellulite Gel.

I think I saw an anti cellulite tip on Oprah or something about using a body brush to stimulate blood flow and water movement. I don't remember the particulars, but basically using one in the shower on your thighs is something that some beauty editor swears by. Caffeine also stimulates water loss. At a spa I used to work at, we had a ($160) 'coffee scrub', that was essentially some coffee grounds, sugar, and water that people paid quite a lot to have rubbed all over their bodies. Dead easy to make at home, and not too messy to use in the shower. The sugar and the coffee grounds exfoliate and stimulate blood flow, and mild amounts of caffeine can penetrate the skin and help with the water retention.

Lisa1971 03-25-2011 08:37 PM

Thank you for all the suggestions! It's amazing...I can see my chest bones yet I still have cellulite! And it seems to be multiplying - ugh!!

Ursula745 03-25-2011 08:42 PM

Sunless.com has Bain De Soleil Megatan and Hawaiin Tropic Radiance on their top 10 drugstore list. Haven't used them but I just ordered some.