3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   X Box Kinect? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/225482-x-box-kinect.html)

LiveandLove 02-12-2011 11:45 AM

X Box Kinect?

Has anyone tried the games for the Kinect?? I currently have the Shape game and the Dance Central Game

The Shape game is okay...But the Dance Central is awesome! You can really work up a sweat with this one. There is even a weight loss mode that will track your calories burned. I find it a lot of fun! Plus it's great to do with friends. What do you guys think?>

aerogora 02-16-2011 10:31 AM

I have been using the Kinect EA Sports Active 2 for 2 weeks now. Let me tell you, it's a great workout! I am always out of breath and sweating by the end of it! I love it. I am doing the 9 week challenge so it will get harder as I build more endurance.

LightRaven 02-19-2011 10:22 PM

We have kinect... well, strike that. My BROTHER has kinext.. lol. We have dance central and EA sports and kinectamals. (Sp?) but mostly our girls play it (4 yo & 5 yo)

This is how I found out that my daughter has great rhythm.. but not very coordinated. Didn't know that was possible. :lol:

As for me... I stay away. There is just something about the fact of jumping around in my house that makes me nervous. The TV shakes, toys start falling... The dog wants to tackle me cause he thinks I'm playing with him... Eh.. maybe when I'm lighter. :lol:

LR

Ten Years 02-27-2011 06:01 PM

I really like the "Your Body Evolved". It is HARD WORK!

Paramedic 03-03-2011 10:54 PM

I totally love the Kinect for losing weight (and I'm excited to see what they put out for regular video games.)

I have Your Shape:Fitness Evolved and I love it! It's already helped me lose 6 pounds and it really gets me sweating. I also have Kinect Adventures that came with the Kinect. If I play that one long enough it'll get me warn out.

I tried Dance Central, but I couldn't really get into. But, I suppose I've never really been into "hip-hop" dancing. I also tried The Biggest Loser game demo, and it totally kicked my butt! I couldn't even finish the demo because of how hard it was for me. ... Needless to say, I'll probably be getting it at some point, haha.

K16 03-17-2011 10:08 PM

I have Dance Central and absolutely love it. I await the day I can actually dance the moves on the "Hard" level with confidence.

As far as losing weight with Kinect, I'm sure many of the games are fantastic. I lost my weight through Wii Fit, and Kinect is even cooler than that so I can't imagine it not providing results.

shimmmer178 03-30-2011 08:39 PM

I've used dance central a few times at a friends house and WOW, yea I can see how one could lose weight doing that a few times a week!! I really enjoyed it, I wish I had the money to get one so I could use it more!

rachel2writer 04-01-2011 03:22 PM

We have the Biggest Loser game, and it's quite good - it helps you track progress, customizes your workout based on your preference and abilities, and even has a weekly weighin with other fake contestants. Adventures and Sports can also be good exercise depending which activities you do. We want Dance Central next!

theCandEs 04-01-2011 06:16 PM

Hm. We have a Kinect. I guess I should look into buying Dance Central. We have Adventures.

milmin2043 04-01-2011 09:24 PM

I have XBox Kinect as well and LOVE Dance Central. It is so much fun and a good workout!

pretty on the inside 06-09-2011 01:00 AM

I have DC and LOVE it. But from my experience (As someone who replaced her old exercise routine with DC for a good month, and ate right) it is in NO way a good replacement for all other exercise! I am going back to my old workouts and using DC as a supplement, and of course fun. :)

mhill0823 06-09-2011 11:34 PM

I feel like everytime I play on the kinect I get one of the best workouts for awhile! and Don't even realize it till the end!!!

retrogirl 06-12-2011 09:32 AM

I got the Biggest Loser, Sports and DC and I looove them! It's fun to workout and enjoy it at the same time. I try to change it up every time, and by the end I'm so sweaty and tired! :)

MrsD2008 06-12-2011 05:35 PM

I must be in the minority...

I like the idea of the Kinect. I like playing the Kinect Adventures game, but it takes a whole lot of the challenges to make me sweat. And the "down time" between challenges doesn't keep my heart rate up so it's hardly exercise.

I also have the Biggest Loser game and compared to the adventures game and using the kinect for NetFlix, it's hard to control, it doesn't recognize my body shape well and I just plain don't care for it.

I do, however, want to try Zumba and Your Body Evolved.

It's good for rainy/cold/snowy days when I just don't want to leave the house but want to get a good work out in. But, so are work out DVDs that are a fraction of the cost...

Shellfish 06-18-2011 07:43 PM

This isn't for Kinect but it is for XBox...
I have played the Dance Dance Revolution home games for xBox and it shed me off a few pounds when I played it on basic mode. I can play for an hour or two and not even notice how tired or sweaty I am because I am having fun.