Insanity

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • are you following the cook book? or just eating healthy? i use to calorie count but i got really obbessed when i stoped i put almost all my weight back on.. so im trying again with just been smart about what im eating..some days ive been really good then others old habbits come in an haunt me lol..congrats on the weight loss! is that from doing this dvd? let me know how the measurements go x
  • No, mostly because at home, we eat Rice, beans, and whatever Meat is at hand everyday! On the other hand, when I'm in school and I've finished whatever prep I have for the day, myself and one of my chefs usually make lunch for everyone, and I try my best to incorporate a lot of veggies. Nothing drastic, since I'm the only one on a diet and everyone else likes their meat and starches! Either way, portioning is working well for me right now. I don't count calories but I look at the package every now and again and make an estimate of what I've eaten so far in the day. It's hard when I eat something in school though, all the packages come in bulk and have no nutrition facts. Either way, I've lost the weight with the DVD, and eating less. If I want cake? I eat it, but not much at all. It helps me, for I've tried cutting out sweets, or breads, etc. before because I used to have a nutritionists, and I never stuck to it. I like that I can eat what I want, but know whether its good or bad for me, and therefore eat a lot less Not to mention, I'm starting to ignore the bad cravings minutes after eating or at ungodly hours!

I'll let you know about the measurements, I'll be doing them next Saturday, just before my next fitness test
  • sorry for the really late reply, things here have been alittle hectic! i totaly agree with you on the eating what u want but only small because then you dont crave it, im the same but then end up forgetting myself an protions getting bigger an bigger untill i notice the jeans not fitting. im finding it very hard controling the protions but im hoping soon enough ill get it. i still look at calories on the back of food products just for peace of mine, sometimes ull be shocked in the mount of calories there is in something healthy looking..!
    im gonna weigh myself 1st thing in the morning and have that as my new starter weight, im also going to try (do say try lightly lol) an not weigh my self for 2weeks, think id feel better seeing a bigger number also get really obbesed with weighing everyday i have no control ooops.. on a good note.. im starting the 1st work out in the morning (its 2:40am at the moment) wooo looking forward to it!.
    i best go as i have to get up in the morning to take my daughter to school, would be nice to get to know you more tell me abit about your self x
  • Oh it's fine dear, I myself haven't been on all day. Sunday is the day of the week you don't work out, and I took that time to sleep in late.

I know exactly what you mean with the portions, but I take it little by little. I can't suddenly cut my meal in half, and expect my body to simply accept it. Slowly I cut down, and slowly I notice how I get full with the lesser amount.

A lot of times I look at the back of the box, or bag, and look at serving size. I'm always surprised when its so drastic compared to what I would have usually done, but I follow it anyways and find ten minutes after eating, it really did satisfy my hunger.

The hardest part for me is dinner, for some reason. At any other time of the day I can easily convince myself to eat the perfect amount, what I know is healthy, but when dinner crawls along I just can't help but struggle! It's meals I've been eating for years, my mom's always cooked the same things, but I've grown to love them~

Either way, I can't wait to workout again tomorrow. A break is nice, but I'm also eager to continue working my body, and get closer to those results I crave!

Your daughter is beautiful by the way, I'm guessing thats her in the picture I'm excited for you! The fitness test is hard, and you'll probably be sore afterwards, but I'm sure you'll still love it! It's nice feeling that, because you know its a powerful sign that you're actually burning calories and slowly getting in shape. I mean, it's only week one for me and already I feel strongly this is working, I can't imagine on day 60!

Hm, me. Nothing interesting really. I'm 18 ^-^ Studying at Le Cordon Bleu, Collage of Culinary Arts, living at home with my Mom and her boyfriend, not to mention my little brother. I have a dog, and I usually have nothing to do! School is intense, I love it, but homework is almost none existent. Once I get home I have hours of freetime. Then again, that's what made it so easy to chose a time to workout and stick to it everyday with no problem or conflict in schedule. I'm planning to move to Hawaii after I graduate in September, which is one of the reasons I suddenly decided I was unhappy with my body. I want to wear a bikini for the first time! I wasn't always over weight, but even when I was younger I never had the courage to wear one. I used to be very shy. Funny, how now that I accept myself, fat, skinny, ugly, pretty, I have such a radiant personality. I laugh, I play, I'm comfortable and I make people smile. That makes me happy
  • wow an ouch!! thats all i have to say about that fitness test!!.. was u able to do all the moves? i couldnt do one set (my trainers wouldnt grip the floor) im hurting but its done what i thought it was and that its given me the buzz to do the next one tonight... only thing is it didnt seem to last that long? or is it me?!.. i mean other work outs seem to drag on forever but this didnt?..

i did really well yesterday with my portions my partner got a take out an i had been to work all day so walked in as it was been past through the door.. i hadnt eaten much but kept in mind how much hard work i had put into the dvd an only had a small portion wooo!.. im the same as u seem to do really well with all meals but dinner an after dinner!.. tend to snack through the night to oops..
    yup thats my baby girl in the pic thank you, shes almost 5yrs old (going on to 15!) and she keeps me on my feet!!..
    u seem really cool, i like your positivity! how u getting on with your couse? do u enjoy it? sorry for all the questions lol tell me to shut up if im gettin on ur nervs!.. id loveeee to go to hawaii! looks so beautifull, best of luck with the future x
    i seem soooo boring compared to u lol.. i started my job just before xmas (im a personal carer) and now taking driving lessons (woooo!!) im also doing zumba lessons in spare time, i have a very hyper talkative daughter who will talk u out of town lol, an 2 beautifull dogs. ones a white german shepard an the other is a white an brindle staff.. also got a lopped eared bunny, me an my partner live together in our own home have now for 6yrs, ive always been on the large side but lost over 40 pounds last yr but stuck them all back on when we lost a family member (also calorie countings fault lol) so here i am starting again.
    together we can kick this flabs butt!
  • I know we can!

Boring?! No, no. My life has been very boring up until now. College will be over soon enough, I took an accelerated program, because I wanted to graduate in 15 months, not two years. Thank you for the luck! I'm going to need it in this industry

The fitness test is a lot shorter than the other workouts, and you get bigger breaks in between the moves, although I have to agree that they feel a little short on some days. Then on others, they seem to drag on for an eternity, and you find yourself on the floor praying for it to be over. I just push myself until my muscles literally can't take it anymore, take a quick break, and hop right back into it. I learned quickly that sometimes, you just can't keep up with them or the speed in which they move through the exercises, so don't feel bad if you find yourself doing it at your own pace, as long as you're doing it! Hopefully you wont be as sore as I am the next few days, at one point, my calves and quads were so sore It took me forever to get out of bed. Walking was impossible!

I almost miss it though, now my muscles aren't sore at all, and it almost feels like I'm for some reason not working as hard as before. It's a trick of the mind, I know I'm working harder now, and I'm lasting a lot longer in a lot of the exercises, especially the warm up (The same one you did for the fitness test, except you do it three times in a row with no break from now on), so I'm REALLY excited to see I AM improving.

Weighing myself everyday is a bit exhausting, some days I'm at 176, and then the next I above 180!! I know it fluctuates a lot, but maybe I should weigh myself a little less, or it might drive me insane haha.

My dog is a mix breed, he's Half Black lab, and half American Bulldog, and I love him! I wonder how he will manage when I move to Hawaii, poor thing's never been in a cage, let alone in a plane for 13 hours!

I'm proud of you on the take out! It's so hard for me to control myself when we eat any kind of fast food, but I've managed to reject it completely. My mom bought burger king the other day, and asked me what I'd like. I said nothing, because I knew there really wasn't any healthy thing to pick out, and just ate myself a sandwich. Yesterday, I actually succeeded at dinner, more than other days. I portioned myself a much smaller plate, and willed myself to ONLY eat that. I didn't get any seconds!

I'm looking forwards to the next fitness test and measurements, I really am. Today I have to do Pure Cardio, and oh my is that the hardest one I've done so far. No breaks throughout the whole DVD, just pacing yourself and resting when you only need it!

As for how I'm getting alone, just fine. I'm glad I'm holding to it and doing it everyday, even when I'm exhausted and want to tell myself 'You can skip today', I don't I love it, and although at first I hated Shawn T, now I can't help but smile when he tells us to push it, and dig deeper. If he can do it talking, out of breath, I can do it at home. That's all I tell myself.

Not to mention I KNOW I'm not going to be a beauty at 60 days, this is something you continue doing, and I plan on it. I'm on Track for the rest of my life, and I've got 6 months to look amazing. Hopefully I can get there

Don't worry about the questions, ask away! I look forwards to your reply everyday now! ^-^

• i think i nearly died with that last dvd!! how can u keep up with them all?! im hurting after the 2nd one i cant move waaaaaaaaaaah lol.. its good tho just shows how much work i have to do to get to where i wanna get.. couldnt keep up with the 3rd round tho ooops!.. and found the jumping jacks hard due to been large upstairs lol.. so glad i dont have work today!

your dog is lovely! how old is he? i bet he is really protective of you 13hrs on a plane! wow thats long, see if you can get a cage to pratice in? everyday put him in for a few mins then alittle longer as each day goes by..then treat him with a toy? or speak to a vet and see if the can give him something to sleep for the journy?.. dont know much about animals travling as ive never been out of the uk :S x
    i love my girls to bits, mia (the staff) she is so protective of me and the family then lady (the german s) is protective of the house. anyone walking over the road or near the house ull know about it lol.

you are so pretty!, lovely eyes in your display pic the pink bow you have on have on reminded me that i am jogging a 5k race this year in june/july for cancer. its called race for life ive done it 2 yrs running now (did 10k last yr) but walked them im hoping to jog/run the full thing this year, ive also signed up for a walkathon witch is 26miles (im only doing the half 13miles) which is in may! hopefully ill be in better shape by then lol.. do you have msn or facebook?

well done for having a sandwich insted of kfc.. gosh id love one of those right now (even tho its 7am at the moment) havent had one in yrs!, and good for you for having a smaller portion ive been tricking myself into thinking im having my normal protion with having my daughters plate because its smaller, yay for childs sized plates!.. im hoping my body will get use to the size so when i go back to the normal size ill get full quicker. my partner loves cooking an hes wicked at it so i tend to go for 2nds oops.. i havent the past 2days but its been very hard, ive told him now not to cook to much so there isnt anything left to be eaten but he hasnt payed attention arh i best go sorry to cut it short but have to get my daughter up for school. eeek..

take care xx
  • oooo.. ive just seen your post about calorie counting. later when i get back i will explane all i know it worked really well for me when i did it, lost over 40pound in 9/10months.. but when i stoped i put most back on because i didnt learn about protions x

• Ah, it's fine, you go get your daughter up!

My other friend told me the same, so I'm considering it of course. I'll probably do it a few months before I'm getting ready for the trip, and I'll definitely ask for something to put him to sleep. Poor thing is probably going to have a panic attack all alone. Agh, we've gotten too used to sleeping with each other! And yes, he is very protective. You can't get anywhere near me without his losing it!

Aw thank you, I've always been complimented on my eyes, and naturally I've started to love them too. Sounds a little conceited but when I look at something on myself, I can't say my body, so naturally I go for the face, and I love my eyes!

Yes, in school we usually have a showing when its breast cancer awareness and I never take the pink bow off!

I know what you mean, I've tried telling my mom to cook a little less so I have no temptation to return for seconds. When she does make extra though, I just tell myself I've had enough to survive, I'll be fool in ten minutes, and I won't gain weight.

Yes, I have MSN and Facebook!

Oh don't worry, I felt the same way about the workout. I was super sore, super tired, and I wondered how in the **** the people in the DVD could keep up, and with such ease! I have to remind myself I'm nowhere close to 'in shape' so I'm proud of what I do and what I get through. I never stop longer than thirty second, and even if I can only hop in for ten seconds before another break, I know those extra lunges, 123 - 123s, or Scissor hands will help in the long run I know we can do this!

• sooo sorry i havent been on, things here have been crazy! i cant stay on long got to get my daughter up and ready for school (thank goodness its the last day!!) tryed my hardest to keep up with the dvd but had to miss one day out so dissapointed with myself but i just didnt find the time to do it. i cant private msg you yet dont really wanna put my email up on here for all to see lol.. whats ur name? ill find you on facebook x
  • Oh it's fine! I'm glad to hear from you at all! It's too bad you missed a workout, but I know its hard. I'm not a mother and even some days I get on the verge of HAVING to skip my workout. I refuse to, though, even if it means working out at 2 am in the morning!

Frances Delgado Orlando, Fl. My profile picture is the same one I showed you with me in my Chef Jacket.
  • thank you i will look you up now, my name is joanne so u know its me when i add you im looking forward to speaking to you x
  • Why are you even losing weight? YOU LOOK GREAT haha
    Look forwards to talking to you too. I'm very very hyped, because Im really starting to see the results, and so are other people.
  • Hi all. I am going to start Insanity and I saw you started a bit ago... I was wondering what kind of results you have been getting?
  • wow, that's intense, how's it going?