Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 04:35 PM   #46  

LAWL may have changed alot recently with the various lawsuits and stuff but I repeat, my major problem with them was not the plan.... it was the deception. If I had been told UP FRONT when I paid for an entire year, that if on the off chance I missed one weigh in or licked Cheeto dust off my fingers....I'd have to start paying the $7 or $8 a week WITHIN MY PAID YEAR, I never would have signed up. They didn't tell me that. They didn't tell me the that if I didn't buy the bars, I'd have to start paying again. They didn't tell me that the "custom" plan was the same plan as 98% of everyone else was on. They didn't tell me ALOT before I signed up that had I known, would have never signed. Paying double within the same year was the deal breaker that was the big deception. PLUS...After initial succress, I just stopped loosing even though I was following the plan and the salesladies didn't know how to help me. I wish you tons of success.... just hope that after you aren't "accountable" to a saleslady 3 times a week, you can do it on your own. Good Luck (sincerely).
Old 01-07-2003, 01:45 PM   #47  

I agree with Gringagordita. I started LAWL becaUse EVERYONE i know who has been on it has lost the weight and kept it off. I have tried WW 5 0r 6 times and could not lose on it. Everyone is different.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:40 PM   #48  

To those of you currently on LAWL, I'm just curious how the plan has changed. How many weeks were you given to loose how many pounds? (I was given 24 weeks to loose 50) but had to pay for 52 weeks. After 24 weeks, when I wasn't at my goal, I had to start paying again. Have they changed that? I was told WHEN I ASKED, that if the plan didn't work for me, they would adjust it (they didn't...I was gold gold gold.) and I could come until I reached my goal (they neglected to say...for extra money). Do they still use the "red pen"? When you go for your WI, do they put red marks in your file if you "cheated" (I put that in quotes because some of their definitions of cheating were not having enough LA Lites)? I was told that every red mark was a violation of my contract and they could cancel me at any time. Of course they told me this AFTER my 24 weeks. If I had been eligible to get my other 28 weeks back I'd have no complaints. BUT I guess they can cancel your contract but they keep the cash. DO they still have "quick start", which is actually "Atkins until your check clears". Do they allow you to see ANY part of the plan until your check or CC clears? They told me it was very simialr to "the Zone" and was all about food combinations. It's not. How many carbs are you allowed? Have they raised it from 2 melba toasts a day? Can you eat canned food? Are you allowed bananas? What is up with this "weekends off" thing? I find that amazing, since I got a red mark for licking cheeto dust off my fingers. How many bars do you have to eat? It used to be almost half your daily caloric intake. Are you allowed to exercise? We were actually discouraged from it. They say you can eat out... yeah like what? We were told you can go out with friends and they will never notice you are dieting. Yeah... only if you fake illness and don't eat at all (I was actually told to do it). How has the whole thing changed?
Old 01-07-2003, 04:08 PM   #49  

Barb-

The plans and policies you are describing are NOTHING like the experience I had with LAWL last year. They told me on average a person looses 1-2 lbs a week in the beginning, and then it often slows to 0.5-1. They told me how many weeks they thought it would take for me to lose the weight, but I made the ultimate decision on how many weeks I wanted to buy. I think I chose to purchase 6 months worth of weeks. In which time I lost 50 lbs.

Now....I know nothing about the red pen and cheating stuff you are talking about. I know that if you go in 3 times a week and make your goal weight....then maintain it for a certain period of time, they will refund a % of your program costs. As far as I know, there is nothing you can do that would cause them to cancel your contract.

As for the quick start...they do have that. They actually have several different versions. I asked to see the meal plan before I joined and they happily showed it to me. Who in their right mind is going to join something without knowing what they are getting into???

I think you probably know that there are several different food plans....you are given one based on how much you need to lose, gender, age, health conditions, etc. The one I was on allowed for 3 servings of starch a day. So...that is much more than 2 slices of melba toast. I have seen 2 additional meal plans, both of which allow for more than 1 serving of starch a day (2 melba toast slices). There may be a plan that includes only one starch serving, but I have not seen that one.

They still recommend eating fresh fruits and veggies instead of canned...but I think we all know that they are better for you. Food processing takes away a lot of important vitamins and minerals. When I was on the program bananas were not allowed....I have never figured that one out. There was another fruit also not allowed...mango or guava or something.

I stopped the program before they got the weekends off program...but I dont think it means "free for all". I think they just get more food variety than usual.

As far as I know, it is 2 LA lites per day, but they are no longer required. A lot of people use Luna or Balance bars or substitute for other foods.

I ate out all the time on plan. Lots of places have grilled chicken salads and lite dressing (for instance). They also have a book that has a ton of restaurants and frozen meals and what the exchanges are.

I think I covered most of your questions....let me know if you have more.

There are two things I want to say about LAWL.

1) like any other "diet" this program is great for some people and not so great for others (I think it is more of a diet than a lifestyle change)

2) the LAWL centers are all VERY different and VERY inconsistent...all of the people posting on the LAWL board have had very different experiences, some tremendously better than others (Barb...I think you had a TERRIBLE center that really lied to you and cheated you!)

I lost 50 lbs on LAWL and have successfully kept off 48lbs for over a year. I just recently started working on the next 50....I am doing a program that I created for myself, using things I learned at both LAWL and WW.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:31 PM   #50  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Okay everyone...

After reviewing this thread - I think the point that everyone wanted to make - whether pro- or con-LAWL - has been made over and over again...

Rather than get into another debate - I think the time has come to END THIS THREAD. There's enough information here for anyone wondering about the program to be able to make their own personal decision regarding LAWL and whether it's a good 'investment' to make in their weight-loss efforts.

Unless Suzanne has an objection, I think the time has come to close this thread...
Closed Thread