intelli-Diet

• Hey all!

I'm fairly new to the board and introduced myself in other section. I'm absolutely obsessed with my iPhone and have been doing a lot of research on some good apps. there are a lot of free apps and paid apps, so it's a bit overwhelming.

i came across an article on cnet yesterday about the 4 killer apps for weight loss who mentioned calorie counter pro, lose it, and intelli-diet

the calorie counter pro and lose it are actually calorie trackers (like fitday - which i've used a lot in the past), but this intelli-diet one is different where it actually gives you a meal plan with only healthy foods based on your preferences and what you have in stock.

i've only used it for a few days but i love it so far. anyone else have any experience with this one? i'm pretty sure it will work, i just need to stay on it (i guess you culd' say that about anything tho..)
  • I'm not familiar with that one. I read a review of Calorie Counter Pro, but opted for Calorie One. It seemed to have everything I was looking for, and love it so far. I also have My Fitness Pal, though I've not tinkered with it enough to know if I like it.

Intelli-Diet sounds unique if it offers menu plans. I don't personally like menu plans for a variety of reasons, but a lot of dieters do, and do well with them. NY Times wasn't impressed with the menu planner on Intelli Diet though. Apparently it fails in ways many other meal planners fail where it doesn't judge an ingredient well enough and just categorizes it, resulting in some menus that might not be appetizing. I remember one I tried some time back that said I could have 12 sesame seeds for a snack. They were grouped in with nuts and seeds. 12 sesame seeds. For a snack.

I'm glad you are having good luck with yours, that's a great start
  • Hey Suzanne! Yeah, i read the ny times article but decide to download it anyways. While it some does sometimes give you seemingly random meals, what's cool about it is that it only takes foods that you say you "like" and foods that you say you actually have.

i've had great success with it so far, because it lets you swap out foods with other foods. for example, if it gave me whole wheat bread, but i didn't feel like it for some reason, it knows that when i elect to swap it out, it needs to give me another carb, so it only shows me other carb options, rice, tortilla, etc.
  • That sounds convenient
  • Quote: Hey all!

I'm fairly new to the board and introduced myself in other section. I'm absolutely obsessed with my iPhone and have been doing a lot of research on some good apps. there are a lot of free apps and paid apps, so it's a bit overwhelming.

i came across an article on cnet yesterday about the 4 killer apps for weight loss who mentioned calorie counter pro, lose it, and intelli-diet

the calorie counter pro and lose it are actually calorie trackers (like fitday - which i've used a lot in the past), but this intelli-diet one is different where it actually gives you a meal plan with only healthy foods based on your preferences and what you have in stock.

i've only used it for a few days but i love it so far. anyone else have any experience with this one? i'm pretty sure it will work, i just need to stay on it (i guess you culd' say that about anything tho..)
    I agree with the above that the menu planning can use a little refinement, but it's still very easy to customize with exactly what I want to eat. All and all, really enjoy using it and find that i'm losing weight. I started it about 21 days ago and am down around 6 pounds... and its not water weight. it gives me well-balanced menu choices from healthy foods and healthy foods only. so no doughnuts for me. It's great to personalize my own meal plans with the foods I select to eat.