Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #1  

Default Weight Loss Camps

Do they work?

I watch the Biggest Loser (even signed up to be a contestant) and they seem to be a great help. I would love that kind of motivation. Has anyone else tried anything like this? I'd really like to get your thoughts.
myopicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/184/130ish - 33 y.o.

Height: 5'2"

i have a good friend who went to the ranch for a two week span. she now makes it an annual trip. I've heard nothing but good from that specific one (so long as you can budget your $ to afford going ).
jlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:39 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197/ticker/136

Height: 1.65m

What do you mean by you'd love "that kind of motivation"? The motivation must be inside you, if you mean you have the motivation and you'd love to have that level of nutritional and medical support that's a whole other thing. That sort of thing can help you if you are ready for it, but it will not lose weight for you and you have to be prepared to do what they are asking and learn what they are teaching, and not be thinking about what you will be looking forward to doing again once you "get out of there" cos it doesn't quite work like that! It's a bit like going into residential drug rehab and looking forward to when you get out so you can go get some drugs.

The removal from your normal environment can be really helpful in getting you started, you don't have to shop or cook, the food is just there. You don't have to drive to the gym and fit in with gym opening hours, you don't have to go to work, look after the kids, pay the bills, it's all about you 24/7 and you can put your head down to focus on your weight loss. To an extent you can create that at home - TBL contestants have to be prepared to take a long leave of absence from work, if you were in a position to do that anyway to take part in the show then do it, create your own environment of success.
RoseRodent is offline   Reply With Quote