Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 10-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'8

Default Accupuncture!

Has anyone ever done it? They have a weight loss one...they have it for almost everything...im interested because I read that its super relaxing....
Janel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/150/145

Height: 5'7"

I've never used acupuncture for weight loss, but I have for other things. I find it extremely relaxing! My understanding of acupuncture is that it's all about creating balance in your body, facilitating your body's own ability to heal. It's helped me in the past with pms and insomnia, and just general well being. I know that when I feel balanced and relaxed, I make better choices and take better care of myself.

Give it a try! It won't "magically" make you lose weight, but it can help your body (and mind) be healthier. I would do it regularly now if I could afford it (I used to work occasionally for an acupuncturist, so I got a lot of treatments then!!)
pucedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #3  

it could work chinese swear on it ...worth a shoot
samantha65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214.5/see ticker/132

Height: 5'2''

Acupuncture helps to "modulate" the energy balance and energy flow within your body. It stimulates your system to become balanced again.
I think it is very important not to expect a reduction in body weight straight away. You need the right mind set, then it is the question, if you respond to treatment at all and then have at least 6-8 sessions before you see/feel some success.

Otherwise, it is a phantastic treatment modality, if done by a qualified practitioner.
beni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/211/115

Height: 5'4"

I occassionally get acupuncture for other things (recurring headaches, shortness of breath, anxiety) and after I do this, I do have a small drop in weight. My acupuncturist says that it can be used to help with weightloss too, by increasing the metabolism and correcting the balance in the body. I have no doubts that it can be helpful for weightloss. It's just so expensive, that I can't afford to go initial weekly sessions for the weightloss treatment. I love it for all the other stuff I get it for though
ohmai is offline   Reply With Quote