Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 09-22-2010, 12:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/202/145

Height: 5'5

Default Lemonade Diet

Hey eveyone!!

Has anyone here tried the lemonade diet? Aka master cleanse?

I started yesterday and so far so good.
wonderwoman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:30 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

This diet is dangerously low in calories and nutrition. Any loss is from the extremely low calorie intake, not from any magic in the combination itself. What's more, eating so few calories will set you up for one of two possible outcomes...you will either binge from starving yourself, or you will slow your metabolism by eating so few calories to a point that you will regain the weight you lost far more easily than you might have (because the diet contains very little protein, you break down your muscles to fuel your body processes. Muscle burns calories, so your metabolism will slow).

I'd highly recommend you continue your research and talk to your physician about your plans on this.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/24...-cleanse-diet/
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #3  

I did it once- for about 12 hours. When I did the salt water flush, it made me vomit. I realized then that dieting should never involve vomiting or laxative use.

Also, the lemon juice and cayenne pepper can be very irritating to your guts if that is the only thing you're consuming. I can't say for certain, but I imagine it would destroy the beneficial bacteria in your digestive tract.

There are many more healthy and pleasant ways to get lose weight.
aaronandtara is offline   Reply With Quote