Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 02:54 PM   #1  
Never Fry Bacon Nekkid!

Question Phendimetrazine

Has anyone taken Phendimetrazine as an appetite suppressant?? I have a friend that has lost considerable weight on this drug and was just wondering what the low down was on it. Thanks
Old 10-08-2002, 03:07 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Phendimetrazine is an amphetamine mimic - basically speed. According to the WebMD site, it is also habit forming and has some pretty nasty side effects.

That in itself would keep me away from it. Losing a few pounds isn't worth it IMO...not to mention this is EXPENSIVE STUFF.

Question: If your friend has lost weight on the drug...how long has she kept the weight off? Is she able to maintain the loss without the Phendimetrazine?

I'm sorry, I've just known too many folks who have had their lives screwed up by using speed in its various forms (legal and illegal). You're better off staying far, far away from it. Face it - there is no majic weight loss pill...

If you insist on taking this, I would highly recommend that you visit your personal doctor. I realize that it prescription weight loss drugs are available (at HUGE prices) on the Net without having to go see the doctor...but if you have any heart problems or medical issues at all (that you might not even be aware of) this can be QUITE a dangerous substance.

http://my.webmd.com/drug_article/art...6?bn=Anorex-SR <==Check this link for more info...
Old 11-29-2002, 01:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 360/seetracker/160

Height: 5'8"

I used phendimetrazine for about 4 months last fall while on a weightloss program (physician's weightloss). The program helped me drop 35 pounds, but i had to stop it due to the expense of the program and getting laid off from my job.

Let me preface my positive experience with this medication by saying:
1. I was under the supervision of a physician and I had my blood pressure, pulse, temperature, monitored every two weeks.
2. This medication is meant to help you jump start your weightloss if you have a lot to lose (more than 75-100 pounds) and it is meant to only be used for a few months, not long term. Doctors sometimes have people go off of it for a while.

It helped me control my hunger and I found I had less side effects with this drug as opposed to plain phentermine (which another doctor had prescribed for me earlier in the year, but which made me nauseous and lightheaded and jittery).

It also helped speed up my metabolism as it is an amphetamine.

So if you plan to try this appetite suppressant, please consult with your doctor and make sure you are monitored. As with all amphetamines, it can cause a rise in blood pressure, heart palpatations, and a number of other side effects. If you have high blood pressure, you should not take it. If you don't have a lot of weight to lose, don't risk it.

Hope this helps.
Closed Thread