Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #1  
Find Joy in the Journey

S/C/G: ?/128lbs/107lbs

Height: 4,10

Default GNC's Total Lean 7 Day Fast Loss Kit?

I was talking to a friend of mine about my lack of weight loss and she suggested GNC Total Lean 7 Day Fast Loss Kit to jump start my body into losing pounds. I promised myself to lose weight without any type of pills or crazy diets, but I'm at my wits end with no results after 8 weeks. It sounds similar to Jillian Micheals. If I do decide to try it, of course I will only use it to kick start weight loss.

I'm just curious if any of you lovely ladies have used this product and if so, could you please provide any good or bad feed back.
eyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

What are you doing to lose weight? What is your eating plan. You need to look at that to see where things are going wrong. How long have you been trying to lose..
I haven't tried gnc program but can tell you that most of the fasting/cleansing diets work by causing your body to lose water weight. Most people find they regain that weight after they stop the fast.

I tried a fast last january under the encouragement of a friend. I lost 10 lbs and kept it off for a month bust as soon as I slacked off on my end diet the weight came right back on.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:27 PM   #3  
Find Joy in the Journey

S/C/G: ?/128lbs/107lbs

Height: 4,10

Hmm, from what I understand it's not a fasting/flushing system. The friend that told me about it said the product didn't make you "go" more than normal. You're given 2 shake mixes a day and are encouraged to snack and eat one small healthy meal.
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I eat small healthy meals and workout 4 to 5 times a week for an hour each time. I switch it between cardio and weights. I don't binge and don't starve myself. I guess there must be something I'm not doing right since it's not working. Someone suggested it could be a medical reason, but that will be my last resort since my doctors don't listen to what my concerns are.
eyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

eyks,

Have you taken measurements and before photos? Have you noticed a difference there?

Also, consider posting your food journal to the general diet group and see if they can analyze it and come up with suggestions where things might be going wrong.

Believe me, I've been there (was just there) where I was telling myself I was eating small healthy meals and exercising alot and not losing. But when I really analyze what I was eating, it wasn't enough. I was kind of fooling myself into believing I was doing all the right things but really I'm not.

You could go and have your thyroid hormone levels tested to make sure you aren't low, and talk to your doctor about the weight loss, but be prepared for some honest perspectives.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote