Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #16  

Well, it is Monday and I am 4th day since getting the B12 injection and taking the appetite suppresent. So far I have lost 0 weight. I feel like I am eating more and it is very noticable today when I packed my lunch. I also have not noticed and extra energy in spite of the B12 injection and Diethylpropin. In fact, Saturday I took a 3 hour nap mid day with my daughter and still started to fall asleep on the couch at 9:30ish. I have had no problem going to sleep at night and I still feel I need my caffeine kick to get me going. So, for those that are lucky enough to get an energy boost that is awesome.

I go in Wednesday for my next injection and starting tomorrow I begin taking 2 pills a day. I will see if I feel any difference in my energy level in a few days. By the way, I also took some Bcomplex pills yesterday as well and still no extra energy.

Maybe I am just slow going at feeling any of the effects just yet.
robynlmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

If you aren't vitamin B deficient, then vitamin b injections/pills won't give you an energy boost unless there is something else they put in the pills/injections such as caffeine.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #18  

Nelie,

Thanks, I always hear everyone say it gives them so much energy. I was only expecting them to help speed up my metabolism. It is so hard to not weigh in between the week, but I wanted to see if there was anything going on.

My husband is eating all the same foods as I am but he is not receiving any injections or taking anything and since Friday this morning he has already lost 4 pounds and in some ways it is so dicouraging since he doesn't even exercise. I think sometimes all a man has to do is say I feel like losing 30 lbs and poof it's gone with out any effort. :s
Old 06-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #19  
Just Me

Well men have more muscle than women and thus a higher metabolism. I'd recommend looking into ways to build muscle

Yes my friend who had low b-12 and did sublinguals said he'd get an instant boost of energy from them but that was because he was low from the start.

Again, if you have low energy, I'd look into vitamin D. Do you have a regular doctor you go to at all? Like where you go for yearly physicals? If so, I'd go and ask for blood tests including vitamin D.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #20  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Nelie, I take the B-12 dots which are sublingual.

And I do agree that overdosing and misuse of vitamins is becoming more and more common (gummi multivitamins for adults, anyone?) and that we need to be as careful with dosing vitamins as prescriptions.

Robyn, hang in there... we know that men lose faster than women, it's frustrating, but true. And you could actually be eating more, especially if your new eating plan contains a lot more low calorie vegetables than higher calorie processed food.
And any new plan/dietary change takes time for your body to adjust... it took about two months for me to really feel a sustainable effect from my injections.
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #21  
On a mission...

S/C/G: 220/220/150

I went to the weight loss dr. and got phentermine and b12 shots....the shots didnt make a difference to me and the phentermine made me get the jitters...i felt like i had to move or i wasnt happy...it didnt help any with the hunger for me..but everyone is different
loudmexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #22  

Well, I have been on this combo for 8 weeks now, and I must say I am very happy with it. Down 14 llbs...not a lot, but for me, its fabulous, and much more than I've lost (0 llbs) trying to do it on my own for the last 8 years.

The b12 seems to be helping more each time I get it (every other week). The nurse who "injects" me explained that it really does help only if you are lower on b12, but that people who are losing weight generally ARE lower in b12 simply because they aren't eating as much. So, the longer you are eating decreased calories, the bigger the deficit. I think its true because I feel like it gives me more energy now than when I started 8 weeks ago.

The phentermine really "takes the edge off". Food doesn't call my name like it used to. Its been 8 weeks since I've taken any candy from the candy dish that sits 2 feet away from me at work...used to be that I'd fight the temptation all day every day, and give in and have at least 6-8 mini peanut butter cups daily. With the phentermine, I don't even notice those pb cups. Just don't even think of them. Crazy.

Of course, I need to get ready to wean myself off the phentermine. I'm nervous about that and plan to go off of it (slowly) for the month of September while still getting the shots and trying to figure out how to do this without phentermine. Because I still have a lot of weight to lose, I will go back on the phentermine in October for another 12 weeks. The clinic I go to suggests this pattern until my BMI gets down to 24. When it hits 24, they won't give me the phentermine. BUt I still have a long way to go before that happens.

Just wanted to give those of you who are interested an update.
Paulapaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #23  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

A candy dish full of peanut butter cups is evil!

I would be struggling to resist them, peanut butter cups are my one weakness!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #24  

Thanks everyone. I have been on the Diethylpropin and B12 now for 6 weeks. I only missed one B12 shot. At first I was thinking they were not helping, but the one week I missed it I was extremely wore out by the end of that week. I am still struggling with being tired and not having much energy. Yesterday I just wanted to sit around and sleep. I have read that the Diethylpropin has drowsiness as one of the side effects listed on it. I am now taking the 75mg a day dose and I have not had the energy or sleeping issues that people on Phentimine speak of. I was down about 6 pounds in the last six weeks, but have gained back 2 pounds already I think for just lack of energy. I do less now than I did prior to taking the meds. I see the Dr again on August 6th and I am going to ask about a change in the medication to Phentimine and see if that doesn't raise up my energy level any. I have read on some forum boards how the combination of Phen and B12 has given them energy to clean their entire house from top to bottom and still jog 5 miles and have energy left to spare.

I don't have the energy to even clean my house anymore and jog, no way. Playing 10 to 15 minutes with my daughter is enough for me and I ready to sit down. I have never been this wore out feeling in my life. I want to give this stuff at least 2 more weeks just to make sure I have given it a fair chance to work before I blow it off. It would be nice to actually feel like doing stuff again.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #25  
Just Me

Robyn - I have to say it sounds like you should really get to a regular doctor and have a real physical with blood tests. The kind of lack of energy you describe isn't normal. Do you know how many calories you are eating?
Old 07-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 237/237/150

I have done this combo before and the problem I had was when I got off of the pills and shots I gained all the weight back and then some!! A LOT of people have this same problem so I'd be weary.... All you need is to eat healthy and get up and move. For me the meds also had a psychological effect that backfired when I stopped taking them, because I didn't think I could do continue to lose weight without them. You'll make the best decision for you, just keep that in mind
carrie31324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #27  

[.... All you need is to eat healthy and get up and move. )[/QUOTE]

If it was as easy as that to change our ways, none of us would be here.
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #28  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I don't know. I think it is that simple sounding, it's just none of us seem to have the motivation.

I think of this forum as my motivation so I can get up and move!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #29  

I really don't think for a minute that it's about lack of motivation or willpower. Nobody enjoys being overweight and uncomfortable. That alone is motivation enough, but it's not as simple as that.
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 160

[QUOTE=StephanieM;3354791]A combo pill that gives you vitamin B6, B9 and B12 is really good for increasing your energy and mood levels.

Stephanie, where can I get the combo pill that gives you vitamin B6, B9 and B12?

Thanks!
hacamila is offline   Reply With Quote