Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 171/165/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghetticat View Post
Take it from an purger- you do NOT want to go down that road. Your body is worth so much more than that abuse. Mentally it took me FOREVER to get out of that mindset. Personally I choose to starve myself and throw up a ton. I didn't listen when people told me it was going to screw my teeth up and my throat. Luckily my throat is fine, but at the age of 24 I have had over 15,000 of dental work done, my mouth constantly tastes like metal (I can't afford to get the regular fillings because I wore down so much enamel I had a cavity between every tooth.) And fillings only last so long. I have had two root canals and various other issues. I will be lucky if I can maintain the bits of teeth I have left to not be in dentures before I am 40.

I understand wanting control, wanting to be skinny at no cost. **** I even considered doing illegal drugs or trying to catch mono just to lose weight. It took me SO long to get over what I did to myself. yes I realize now it was more of a coping mechanism as, I weighed about 150 when I started doing all this. It took YEARS for me to be able to be around certain things, I still have triggers that are hard. just please do not go down this road.

You are worth So So SO much more. I promise you that whenever I had friends asking me how I was losing weight I just wanted to cry because I would rather all my friends be overweight and semi healthy then to hate themselves, have the total obsession and pain of an eating disorder. please please PLEASE do not go down this road. "

this means alot to me becuz some time i which i can get sick or even try suicide to end up ina hosptal were i can lose weight. sometimes this get in to my head and its crazy. i have also tryed getting sick especialy stomach virus just to have a reason to throw up.
loveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:09 AM   #17  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Think about the time you spend perseverating on the idea of losing weight. How long has it been going on? Months? Years? With proper diet and exercise, you could lose 5-10 pounds a month. How much weight do you want to lose? From your S/C/G it looks like less than 25 pounds. With focus and loving yourself and your body enough to do this the healthy and sustainable way, you could be at goal in less than three months. Seriously, think about it. That's September!

What you're talking about is harming yourself instead of helping yourself, and it doesn't have to be that way. You just need to get your head over the idea that you can't do this without some drastic physical help (laxatives, stomach virus, being in the hospital). If we can all do it, so can you, and you have the most awesome group of cheerleaders right here on this site to help.

So how do you want to do it? There are people doing every form of diet and exercise on this site, so read around a bit and see what fits your lifestyle the best. Then find the exercise that suits you and get started. Join in on the discussions and challenges in those categories and make connections with the chicks who will help you stick with it. Good luck! You can totally do this!
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:07 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveit View Post
yes i know super dangours but i have a friend that she took laxatives for a week and ate very little and drank alot of water and ost 10 lbs. caught my attecntion when she said 10 lbs. now my head stuck in to it
I was addicted I lossed so much weight that when I looked in the mirror I saw I was still fat but Everyone saw this tiny girl
Queen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 212/162/140

Height: 5'4"

I was hospitalized when I was 19 with bowel impaction, dehydration, and dangerously low electrolytes due to laxitive abuse. The dehydration and electrolyte imbalance was due to the abuse, and the bowel impaction occured because I had RECENTLY stopped taking them. They mess with your body physically, and mess with your mind emotionally.
jwisener is offline   Reply With Quote