Hypnosis.

• Has anyone tried hypnosis to lose weight? And, if so, has it worked?

KELLI
  • It worked for me! It's nothing like it is protrayed in movies and tv (is anythig???). You have to be open minded and want it to work. You also have to be willing to let it work.

One session doesn't always work, you may need to repeat it on your own. I went to a group session and purchased some CD's with the session on them that I listen to about once a week or when ever I feel the need. My biggest problem now is that I'm to busy working out to listen to them!

It has really changed the way I view and feel about food, I used to be a horrible emotional eater who thought being hungry was an emergency. Now I'm eating 3 smaller meals a day and 2 healthy snacks. I no longer binge on donuts or chocolate bars when I've had a bad day. I don't eat until I'm absolutely stuffed anymore because I know I don't need it. Veggies taste amazing and junk food isn't as good anymore. I walk by the vending machines on my way to my bosses office and don't even consider buying anything. I also drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and a lot less coffee and other drinks (including pop and diet pop).

For me it has made a world of difference and even given me the desire to eat healthy foods over junk and grease. If you decide to go for it I hope it works just as well for you as it has for me.
  • My hairdresser claims it helped her quit smoking after she tried and failed every other option. I don't think it would hurt.
  • Oddly enough, I was hypnotized for weight loss once at 17 and it took nearly three years for it to come to fruitation. The emphasis was on craving whole grains over white flours and associating white flour with being tired and unhappy. I don't know where along the way it sunk in, but it did!
  • Thank you.
    Just to say, "thank you" for your responses to my inquiry.
    I think that I might try it. Heaven knows what I am doing right now isn't working, so I might as well check into it.

Thanks again.

KELLI
  • Oh, that reminds me of something else that happened... while we were all being hypnotized he also threw in just a quick little "You are a non smoker" suggestion. I quit smoking several years before but still craved it sometimes, I haven't had a single craving since then! I also find it very revolting which makes life hard sometimes since my husband is still a smoker.

I'm told listening to the CD's is the same as going to a session but it's not the same for me. Nothing beats the in person experience. All the same, the CD's are available online if you want to look into it and I believe he's american.
  • Hey Kelli,

For me self-hypnosis has worked wonderfully. A year and a half and 55 pounds later, I am still loving it and it is still working great. It changes your whole relationship with food. Check out Don Mannarino's Think and Lose. Any questions or comments just let me know, I'd be happy to answer them or help in any way.

Shirley