Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #46  
lizzie

S/C/G: 185/177/147

Height: 5'5

any coments on Benefiber?
slimlizzie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #47  
Naturally Curvy

S/C/G: 264/259.9/164

Height: 5'6"

I definitely heart benefibre. It's easy to use, I've never been able to taste it in anything I've put it in (mostly shakes and smoothies). Sometimes it does form lumps, but that's mostly when I mix it in with my meal shakes and the meal shake powder sometimes has lumps, too, so... And it works like a charm, too. Just make sure you check the dosages and figure out what's right for you.
JMSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #48  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

OMG. LOL. I have had the same issues as you my entire life! I am only 26. I remember only being bout 6 years old and my grandma saying it wasn't normal for me to go only once every 5 days or more! Crazy huh? I have found that Miralax is the best. It doesn't make my tummy hurt an usually produces results in 24hours! I have thought about trying Metamucil and I just might now. I feel a million times better when I am empty hahaha
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #49  
men7al

S/C/G: 203.5/140/135

Height: 5'3

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mescelestus View Post
I (at the ripe old age of 20) have been suffering from chronic constipation for a LOOOOONG time! It seems that I am hardly regular no matter how much water I drink, how active I am, how much fiber, how many veggies etc. Most of my friends eat a fiber one bar, and are running to the bathroom (its frustrating). And it is sometimes frustrates me to the point if tears that I was robbed of my youth with a fat, constipated body (both of my parents are regular, and they are 50!). I sometimes resort to laxatives or special teas after not moving my bowels for a couple of days, but those are harsh, not good for me, and can not be used all the time. Friday, I was in a bad mood all day because I was constipated, and my aunt was laughing at me saying I reminded her of her mother (my grandma). Two days ago I purchased some metamucil (the powdered orange one that you add to water) It tastes good, and the results have been great! It is the first thing I have ever tried that seems to be getting my bowels in check, and it is safe to use daily

My point to all of this is: Even though the beginning of this post was dramatic, I now find it AMUSING that at 20 years old, METAMUCIL is changing my life LOLOLOL!
I was addicted to stool softners bc,I too have hard time going and now plan on getting it since,it won't make me sick.

I heard that the aligngi.is good too.I will buy both.I can't stand not being able to eat much bc,of my tummy.

glad is working for you.
men7al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #50  

I take Benefiber in my first cup of coffee and it really helps. It is Gluten-free, doesn't usually clump, but it does contain grain, which some of the plans are against, and it is low carb.

I also find a small amount of old fashion oatmeal (1/3 cup dry mixed with a 1/2 cup water, I don't do soupy) really makes a difference.

I notice immediately when I miss either.

I tried psyllium caps but never took enough to really get results.

My husband uses Metamucil or equivalent, but I avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners.

Has anyone found a Metamucil with stevia?

Or an unsweetened Metamucil?
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote