Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/174/165

Default Weight loss clinics?

Today I went to a weight loss clinic and i got phetriuem(sorry for the spelling) and a b12 with hcg injection. Has anyone ever been to one of these places and had good results. i not a fan of phet. so i will only be doing the injections. Thanks ahead of time
Old 01-24-2008, 09:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/185/130

Height: 5'3-4"

I dont think I have ever heard of a weight loss clinic. Who runs it?
Old 01-24-2008, 11:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/174/165

it is ran by many differnet doctors, they check your blood pressure, and health then prescribe a appetite suppressant and give you a b12- hcg injection, that you go in every week to get. The clinic i went to today was super busy so i took that as a good sign
Old 01-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

There has been many discussions about b-12 hcg injections in that they don't help weight loss. I would be very concerned about going to such a clinic. Also the fact that HCG is not legal for weight loss in the US.

Last edited by nelie; 01-25-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:36 AM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

About 8 yrs. ago I went to a weight loss clinic and had the B-12 injections plus was put on a thyroid pill and an appetite suppressant. I lost 30 lbs. in 2 months, and landed my butt in the ER passed completely out. I stopped their program after that. The danger just wasn't worth it to me.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:38 AM   #6  

I'm not sure where you guys are getting your info from, but hCG, with a doctors's prescription, certainly IS legal in the U.S. And if a person wants to find one, there are many reputable doctors and clinics that do support this protocol. It's true this protocol is not approved for weight loss by the FDA, but that doesn't mean it's illegal. hCG is not a drug, it is a hormone that is produced by pregnant women and is used legally in fertility clinics all over the country, but in much larger quantities than is used for weight loss. It's not unusual for a doctor to prescribe a medication (in this case a hormone) for a different reason, they do it all the time.

Here's the thing...If you are losing weight by eating less and moving more, than you don't need this protocol. My weight would not budge no matter what I ate or didn't eat. This is the only program that worked for me. I am now a size 10 and feeling good both physically and emotionally.

If you are struggling with your weight, I suggest you read Dr. Simeon's ebook "Pounds and Inches" it's a free download online. He explains exactly how and why this works. Also, his protocol is not new. This has been in exsistance since the 50s. And, for the record, NO ONE has ever had complications or died from it. EVER! Not one....(if there were, the FDA would be all over it and it would be illegal) Don't believe me? Do the research. The FDA and their groupies would have you believe it's dangerous. Which brings to my mind, Vioxx... Would you like to guess at how many people died from Vioxx, an FDA approved medication? (some of the FDA whistle-blowers figure as many as 60,000 people died) I suspect all those people who were suffering from arthritic pain really trusted their doctor and the FDA to give them a drug that was safe, instead they died, and the FDA made 2.4 billion dollars. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox, but I just get so annoyed over b.s. that isn't even remotely true. My point being, the FDA does not care about our health, we have to care about our health. I know how aweful and depressed I felt when I couldn't lose weight, and now the government is worried about hCG and my health? Paleeeeze....

If anyone is curious, there are well over 6,000 people successfully using Dr. Simeon's protocol and sharing their experiences on the Yahoo Forums. I can't post any links on here, but it's extremely easy to find if you know a little about navigating on the net. The men and women sharing in those forums are not liars, daredevils, ignorant, trying to rip you off or uneducated, and that is the truth. These are folks just trying to lose weight and be happy and healthy. I wish you all the same.

Last edited by GoodStew; 06-25-2008 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:51 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Lilly Belle, What Clinic were you going to?
Old 03-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodStew View Post
I'm not sure where you guys are getting your info from, but hCG, with a doctors's prescription, certainly IS legal in the U.S. And if a person wants to find one, there are many reputable doctors and clinics that do support this protocol. It's true this protocol is not approved for weight loss by the FDA, but that doesn't mean it's illegal. hCG is not a drug, it is a hormone that is produced by pregnant women and is used legally in fertility clinics all over the country, but in much larger quantities than is used for weight loss. It's not unusual for a doctor to prescribe a medication (in this case a hormone) for a different reason, they do it all the time.

Here's the thing...If you are losing weight by eating less and moving more, than you don't need this protocol. My weight would not budge no matter what I ate or didn't eat. This is the only program that worked for me. I am now a size 10 and feeling good both physically and emotionally.

If you are struggling with your weight, I suggest you read Dr. Simeon's ebook "Pounds and Inches" it's a free download online. He explains exactly how and why this works. Also, his protocol is not new. This has been in exsistance since the 50s. And, for the record, NO ONE has ever had complications or died from it. EVER! Not one....(if there were, the FDA would be all over it and it would be illegal) Don't believe me? Do the research. The FDA and their groupies would have you believe it's dangerous. Which brings to my mind, Vioxx... Would you like to guess at how many people died from Vioxx, an FDA approved medication? (some of the FDA whistle-blowers figure as many as 60,000 people died) I suspect all those people who were suffering from arthritic pain really trusted their doctor and the FDA to give them a drug that was safe, instead they died, and the FDA made 2.4 billion dollars. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox, but I just get so annoyed over b.s. that isn't even remotely true. My point being, the FDA does not care about our health, we have to care about our health. I know how aweful and depressed I felt when I couldn't lose weight, and now the government is worried about hCG and my health? Paleeeeze....

If anyone is curious, there are well over 6,000 people successfully using Dr. Simeon's protocol and sharing their experiences on the Yahoo Forums. I can't post any links on here, but it's extremely easy to find if you know a little about navigating on the net. The men and women sharing in those forums are not liars, daredevils, ignorant, trying to rip you off or uneducated, and that is the truth. These are folks just trying to lose weight and be happy and healthy. I wish you all the same.
Totally agree with you. I tried all the traditional ways of losing weight and was getting nowhere, whereas this protocol worked. The negative comments I hear about this protocol remind me of the negative comments people used to post about Atkins before the low carb way of eating enjoyed the acceptance it does today. I figure the best diet is the one that works....there's nothing healthy about being obese, so if the traditional methods of weight loss aren't working for someone, I applaud them for having the courage to explore alternative treatments.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #9  

I'm sure i know what clinic it was, they are called Doctors Diet Program...its basically a phentermine clinic. you go see a doctor there, and they give you a 30 day supply of phentermine. they can also give you the b12 shot, and they give you information about a low carb/no sugar diet and tell you to work out 20-30 minutes 3 to 4 times a week, and try to sell you all kinds of acai berry juice and protein bars. Basically, its a cheap way to get phentermine withut having to go see your regualr doctor, or if you don't have insurance.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/122.5/117

Height: 5'1"

I recently started with a weightloss clinic in Indiana and the doctor here does prescribe meds. He also does the HCG injections and I believe B12. I don't do the HCG or B12, and tried the phentermine but had to quit due to the side effects they were giving me. So I went back and we worked together to find another type of med that I can work with.

For me.. I think if anyone is wanting to go to such a place, its better than trying to get the same kind of meds w/o being under a doctor's supervision.
Sometimes some of us just need a little extra help.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/225/130

Height: 5'4"

I've been to 2.

First one was back in '04 or '05. While I was living in TX for about 1.5 yrs, my mom heard about this weight loss place in OK. It worked for the family on my step-dad's side & her friends. So we went there & tried it. Red, White & Blue pills with plecebo shots??? Well I took the shot there & took the pills home, my mom got pills & taken shots home. Who would let someone take needles home that you can stick in your buttocks. Anyway, I lost 10 lbs the first week, 10 lbs the 2nd week, & totally flatlined for the next month; so I stopped.

Then just recently I went to Slimgenics last Friday. The ppl there seem so upbeat, & I thought one gal understand what I'm going though after the talk we had. Then she gives me the math of how much it'll cost for me to lose 90+ lbs in a lil over a year, assuming I'll lose on average 2 to 3 lbs a week - over 700$. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! heck no, I got better things to do with my money than that, like helping my mom with bills.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:14 AM   #12  

Height: 5'5"

i went to a weight loss clinic...we have tons out here (but then again, i AM in southern california! hahaha)...anywho, i found the pills worked great for me. i did the shots too, and they MAY have worked, but i stopped taking them because they literally gave me a period for an entire month. yeah, that got real old real quick. and not just light spotting...but BLEEDING. it was ridiculous. that side effect alone wasn't worth it to me...but i like the pills.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:15 AM   #13  

Height: 5'5"

p.s. the reason i stopped going to the clinic was the cost...just couldn't afford it right now.
Closed Thread