Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

Default Fit Flops, Reebok Easy Tone, Sketchers Shape Up

Has anyone tried these new shoes that claim to tone your legs/bum? I was looking into them recently but as they are on the expensive side I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about them before I spend the money.
Obviously they are not a substitute for excercising, but they claim to also improve posture and if they help me tone up while I am running errands or working then they would be worth it.
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I bought a pair of the sketchers and I have to say that they're super comfy. The thing is this: I don't wear them to the gym because I can't imagine doing the certain cardio stuff with them on...I only find them suitable for walking. But, when I'm doing my errands, I don't really like to wear sneakers....I like to wear cute shoes that match my outfit. So, I don't wear them much at all. If I did, I could comment on how they are for the toning. I bought them after I saw a woman wearing them and she told me she felt a difference. I really should wear these more, but I guess I'll have to sacrifice style for substance. I should wear them at least when I walk my dog, but most of the time, I honestly forget.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:25 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

I have two pairs of Fit Flops and a pair of the Reeboks. I can't wait for it to be consistently warm out so I can wear the Fit Flops all weekend long. I cannot rave about how comfortable they are enough. They were my first pair of flip flops since I was a kid and I seriously forget I'm wearing them.

I haven't worn the Reeboks as much, but now that it's spring I plan on going for more walks outside and wearing them for those. When I did wear them they were pretty comfortable.

While I can vouch for their comfort, I cannot say as much about their effectiveness! I just didn't wear them consistently enough.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #4  
it's always something

Search this forum for 'sketchers' and you'll find a few threads with personal experiences that might help.

20/20 had the Fit Flops studied and showed that they didn't work.
CNN said pretty much the same thing about Sketchers and the other shoes, here http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/12...ref=newssearch

If you like the way they make your feet feel and that encourages you to walk more, then that's all that counts at the end of the day
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote