One A Day Vitamins

• One A Day seems to be making three varieties of vitamins that interest me - "Energy", "Women's Active Metabolism", and "Women's Active Mind and Body". I compared the supplement facts and percentages of each one on One A Day's website, and they all seem fairly similar, containing basically the same blend of supplements with slightly different percentages of your daily value for some.

I'd like to find something that helps reduce appetite (which Active Metabolism claims to do), and having a little more energy would be great too!! I'm not trying to find a magic diet pill here; I have a diet plan that I log the calories of and stick to every day, and I exercise intensely 6-7 days a week for actually more hours than I probably should. Some days I want to eat for emotional reasons, and even though I don't give into these cravings 99% of the time, I'd just love to find something that would help stop or at least reduce these cravings at times like these so I could, say, enjoy my Saturday afternoon instead of being preoccupied wishing I was eating a cake. These vitamins also claim to help boost metabolism, fat burn, etc, and anything that would help aid weight loss would of course be welcomed by me.

Has anyone had any experience with any of these vitamins? Did they help reduce appetite, or were you just as hungry (or any reduced appetite was placebo)? Did they help anyone lose more weight than you lost without the vitamins but the same routine? If the One A Days did work for you, which of the 3 varieties I mentioned is best, and really what is the difference?? Or does anyone have any recommendations for other safe products that might help me? Any advice appreciated!! ))
  • I just went grocery shopping this weekend and purchased the One a Day Women's Active Metabolism. I only purchased these because I had a coupon but I must say I like them. I feel they work wonders for my energy level, not just right after I take them but all the way through out the afternoon. I don't know about the appetite suppresant effects. I seem to be less hungy after I take them but it hasn't really been the strong point. However, I didn't buy them for that purpose but for the purpose of energy. Just my thoughts on that one!! Good Luck in ur choice!!!
  • I looked at buying the metabolism variety and didn't buy them. They contain guarana and caffeine.
  • I have a friend that raved about the One a Day energy. She said it gave her a lot of energy, but I haven't tried them myself.
  • You may want to read up on chromium piccolinate if you have sugar cravings. And Vitamin D3 if you are tired or mildly depressed. They have found out all kinds of good things about these 2 supplements.