Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Question Okappa Slim... has anyone tried it?

I came across an article about Okappa Slim. It sounds like a scam. But I thought I'd see if anyone has tried it and what the results were. I'm looking for something natural to help boost my efforts. This product says it's 100% natural. If you've tried Okappa Slim or any other natural supplement I would love to here how it worked out for you. Thanks!
JayEmGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #2  
Meg

Welcome to 3FC!

If you go to their web site, this disclaimer is on the bottom of every page:

Quote:
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION*: TO ACHIEVE YOUR WEIGHT-LOSS GOALS, EXERCISE REGULARLY AND EAT HEALTHY FOOD. RESULTS SHOWN HERE ARE ATYPICAL. YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY AND NOT SOLELY FROM USING THIS FORMULA. A WIDE RANGE OF PERSONAL CONDITIONS AND ACTIVITIES (DIET PLANS, EXERCISE PROGRAMS AND PRE-EXISTING HEALTH CONDITIONS) MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO PREDICT THE EXACT AMOUNT OF WEIGHTLOSS YOU WILL EXPERIENCE. THE RESULTS SHOWN ARE SPECIFIC TO THE USER MENTIONED. THIS PERSON MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE INCREASED THEIR EXERCISE LEVELS AND DECREASED CALORIE INTAKE TO ASSIST IN WEIGHT LOSS. DECREASED CALORIE INTAKE AND INCREASED EXERCISE ARE KEY FACTORS IN WEIGHT CONTROL. THIS PRODUCT MAY OR MAY NOT HELP YOU CONTROL YOUR WEIGHT. YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY FROM NEGLIBLE TO SIMILAR TO THE CASES DESCRIBED HEREIN. THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THE PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE. READ THE ENTIRE LABEL AND DIRECTIONS BEFORE USING THE PRODUCT. CONSULT WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE TAKING THE PRODUCT AND BEFORE STARTING ANY WEIGHT-LOSS PLAN OR EXERCISE PROGRAM. DO NOT USE THE PRODUCT IF PREGNANT OR NURSING.

My reaction is -- why spend money on pills? They're telling you right here that reducing calories and increasing exercise are the key factors to weight loss. And that the pills might not do anything for weight control. And they're absolutely right!

We have hundreds of successful losers here at 3FC and I can tell you that none -- not a one -- used any diet pill. They're expensive, potentially dangerous, and totally unnecessary.

Instead, think of all the fun exercise equipment or videos you could get with the money!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:58 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

We've heard from others that Okappa Slim was previously known as Slim Force 7 which appears to be a huge scam.

Here is a post from a Customer service rep that had to take phone orders for Slim Force 7:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does...rvice-rep.html
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Thank you! I figured it was a scam. I'll just keep trying the hard way. I think we all wish there was a miracle pill. But at the end of the day we all know that eating healthy & exercising is the only way. It's just hard when you have 3 kids that are 3yrs. and under. But I'll get there eventually. Thanks again!
JayEmGee is offline   Reply With Quote