Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #1  
missjkd

S/C/G: 218/ticker/118

Height: 5'2"

Default Resveratrol for weight loss

Has anyone ever have had weight loss success from resveratrol? Any brand recommendations?
missjkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I've never heard that this has any benefit for weight loss per se, just that it is a great anti-oxidant. My favorite form of reservatrol is a glass of red wine.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #3  

I've been reading a lot about this as well. (First introduced to the idea in Fitness mag, then started doing more web research.) I really want to try it - even if not for weight loss, the other health benefits look very interesting. I am planning on doing more research, finding a reputable brand, and starting out on a moderate dosage. If I register any benefits after a week or so, I may continue on... we'll see!
kristen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #4  
missjkd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen10 View Post
I've been reading a lot about this as well. (First introduced to the idea in Fitness mag, then started doing more web research.) I really want to try it - even if not for weight loss, the other health benefits look very interesting. I am planning on doing more research, finding a reputable brand, and starting out on a moderate dosage. If I register any benefits after a week or so, I may continue on... we'll see!

I also read about it in this month's Fitness magazine. I found a brand that is a powder and you are suppose to get optimal results when you mix it with whey protein. I plan on ordering soon. It is pricey though.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #5  

Would you mind sharing the brand you found? There is just SO much out there - I am getting overwhelmed with choices!
kristen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #6  
missjkd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen10 View Post
Would you mind sharing the brand you found? There is just SO much out there - I am getting overwhelmed with choices!

I am going to order this powder to mix with my whey protein shake. I can not put the link because I do not have enough posts but if you google revgenetics you will find it. They also sell capsules which are more $.

Also I have been reading a blog recommended by Fitness Magazine that is good, it is called my resveratrol experience.

Other brands recommended by Fitness are Biotivia, Longevinex and Swanson.

I know that I would rather pay a little more $ and get something that works.